Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey B90 Fretless --- FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pmkelly, May 23, 2003.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Alright, a word of warning before you read on... I did the fretless job on this one, and it is a fair job... it could use some work, though! The electronics have been replaced with a Basslines pickup in the bridge and a Fender P pickup in the neck. The electronics were professionally done at a shop in town. The action is pretty high, the bright pink finish was removed to the natural wood, and it comes with the hard shell case... If you want this, let me know what you want to give up for it. I will listen to all offers, but you get to cover shipping. That should be about 20$. So let me know. Trades, Sales, whatever. This bass has sat around my house too long and I want to get rid of it... So take it off my hands.

P@

[​IMG]

2. Some questions:

1. Can action be lowered without buzz?
    2. Was nut filed down when frets pulled?
    3. Were fret slots filled? How?
    4. Got more pics (especially of neck)?
    5. I have no idea what to offer for this bass; can't find an online review for a B90 although it looks nice enough and the style is certainly more recent than a T-20 or T-40! Wow about offering a starting figure or at lease some idea of what kind of goodies you'd like to trade for?

Tom

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    probably... I never really put the effort in this bass after I defretted it.
    no... you could probably get a pretty good action if you did...
    I used several layers of an epoxy that I had around, and then sanded it down. It's not perfect, but it was effective. Another layer of something and a little more careful sanding would probably go along way...
    I can get some more posted this weekend.
    what a coincidence... I have no idea what to ask! Just to start things off, I will say 200$... It's not worth that much, and you can get it from me for less... I am always up for trades of parts... especially fender parts. I could really use a maple/maple p bass neck for a project I am starting, and any sort of cool pedals trips my trigger. Let me know what you want to get rid of and we will go from there!

P@

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    bumpo...

P@

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    bump-tastic

P@

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    here are pics of the neck...

[​IMG]

P@

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    and another...

[​IMG]

P@

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    and another...

[​IMG]

P@

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    still available...

P@

10. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    bump

P@

11. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't remember... they have been on that bass for a while. They are flats, though.. I can't remember the brand. Sorry! :p

P@

12. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    still available...

P@

13. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    bump

P@

14. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Does anyone have an offer? reasonable or not!

P@