Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey bam 2/10 amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Jul 30, 2004.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    does anyone have one of these? how does it sound for the price? what do you think of this combo amp? :confused:

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    ive played it many a time.... i love it. best combo evar.

3. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    I've used a Bam 210 for a year now, and I love the flexibility, portability and sound. I like the SVT and Bassman models, but I am happiest with the straight Bam sound, no modeling, a slight mid boost with my Alembic Rogue 5.Lots of tricks for the dough, and so far as reliable as my old Peavey biamped rig that I used for 17 years prior!

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I own a BAM combo also. I used to own an Eden Metro. My BAM is louder, sounds better, and handles the low B better than my Eden ever did. Great amp. Even without the modeling and effects, it is well worth the price. I don't use the effects much, but the modeling is great. I use the SVT, GK and SWR models quite a bit. But as wideload said, the straight BAM sound is the best.

5. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    i also have had one for a year now and love it i have had an eden metro as well as a swr redhead and i think they are great amps but nothing compared to the bam