Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey BAM 210 Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ralphdaddy, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    What do you guys use as extension cabs for this amp? I figured I'll use my Avatar B410 Delta 4 ohm, I love the tone of that cabinet and hopefully it will match well with this combo, if I can lift the damn thing high enough to get it on top of the 410 haha. Sadly I won't have my BAM for a month so I figured I'd start talking about it now and jabbering on the net to control my excitement to a degree. Also, is there any point in the cover for it from Peavey? It looks like a sheet thrown over it basically, don't see how it would really protect it. Who knows, I'll take any and all info you have on this amp, thanks everyone!

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I had one. Then I quit playing for awhile and traded it. Tried to get it back when I got back into playing.

It kicks at 500 watts into two 4 ohm cabs. Even on its own, it is very powerful. I could get quite loud and it handled the low B easily. I used a Peavey 410TVX and damned if it wasn't the best setup! You'll love it!

It uses custom Eminence drivers, not the standard Peavey Sheffields. Yeah, it's heavy and the stock wheels are only good over nice smooth floors. Don't expect to wheel it over bumpy pavement and definitely not gravel parking lots. The cover is good to keep it from getting scratched up.

Great tones out of it with the cab/head modeling. It really works great. There is not a style you can't get out of it. Extremely versatile.

I still have an Excel spreadsheet with a few of my custom settings. PM me and I'll e-mail them to you if you want them.

3. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Anyone else have any experience using this amp, I'm interested to hear what other people feel about this amp played live.

4. i was never much of a fan of the BAM stuff, but stu hamm uses (or used, i'm not sure) a BAM 210 with a Pro 410. he also apparently uses (or used) a Pro 500 head with a Pro 410 and a Pro 115.

many users have used a Pro 115 beneath their BAM 210 combos, but a Pro 410 is also a popular choice. i'm not familiar with any avatar cabinets, so i can't say much for or against the B410. you'll probably have to change the EQ in your patches, but you'd have to do that for any extra cabinets, so rock on.

robb.

5. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Ahhhh, just the man I'm looking for. Ok, I just popped this baby out of the case and man it is AMAZING. Sounds incredible, and like everyone else I already like the BAM's own sound better than any of the models. But I have an issue. My foot pedal does nothing. It lights up, but when I push the buttons nothing happens. And all the cables are in the right places and everything so I'm stumped. Nothing happens at all when I push any one, or any combination, of the buttons on the foot pedal. Very weird. Other than that I'm in great shape. Any thoughts on that pedal or should I call Peavey tech support tomorrow?

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Good to hear that you got your BAM! They are heavy, but those casters make life a lot easier for all parties involved. Where did you order it from?

I haven't had to use mine with an extension cab yet - I have an 8 ohm Peavey 410TX that I'm probably going to sell or trade for some 4 ohm cab, probably a 1x15. As it is, however, it has been MORE than loud enough for the church gigs I've had to do, as well as band practice. We'll see how it does in the clubs come late January.

Sucks to hear about your footswitch. I woul definitely get on the horn with Peavey. My own BAM has actually been a little tempermental as well - sometimes the power light goes on, and the fan goes on, but the amp doesn't "boot up", as it were.

7. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hey Michael, yeah I'm glad I got it too, like 3 weeks early to boot! That sucks it's givin you the business, have you contacted Peavey or rcz on these forums? He may have some answers. I thought it sounded fantastic last night, the Peavey Max model has more growl than my 700RB-II! That shocked me, as did the punch of the B string on my warwick. This thing really is as good as everyone says. I'll call Peavey today and sort out the pedal thing, that's WAY to cool to not have working you know! Let me know when you guys start playing gigs, I'd love to come check it out. Conversely, my band will start gigging again around the same time and I'll keep you updated. Take it easy bud.

Oh yeah, sadly had to get it from Sam Ash, I tried Music Gallery but it just wasn't happening, no one else had it in stock and one dude even told me he'd had one on order for SIX months. I figured Sam Ash would have more pull and I needed the amp ASAP. Guess I was right hahaha, still wish I'd gotten it at a mom and pop store though.

8. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Bad news, the input on my amp for the footswitch is bad so they have to order me a whole new amp. good news is I get to keep this one until they get it in, BOOYAA!! Other than that, all's well with this amazing little amp. I played a Rick 4003 through it over lunch and my god did it sounds friggin incredible!! Growl, punch and outstanding bottom end. This amp is everything I wanted and WAY more. Thanks to all the guys on here who convinced me this was what I wanted because you were dead right.