Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Bam 210 Users - What is your Favourite Setting?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheLarch, Feb 29, 2004.

1. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

I just picked up a (barely) used Bam 210 which will replace my workhorse Ampeg SVT-3 Pro and SWR Goliath Jr. - These will be up for sale as soon as I take some digital photos. So far I'm very pleased with the Bam and see it has a ton of possibilities. I don't see myself using the effects - I'll likely just stick to the modelling features. I'll be using this primarily to do the roots-rock / rockabilly / alt-country stuff that I've been doing for several years now.

Of the modeled amps, I find myself really liking the Fender Bassman 212, the SVT (who wouldn't love an SVT at half the weight?) and surprisingly, the modeled version of the SWR redhead. For some reason, the modeled version of the B15 fliptop is a bit disappointing to me - I was really expecting to love that one as it would have the right vibe with what I do.

Question - what are your favourite settings / models? Do you use any of the models for shows or just use the BAM as is? Finally, how do you make the B15 fliptop sound better?

Thanks!!

Stephen

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    If you have MS Excel...PM me with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you the settings I used.

I traded mine off on a nice acoustic guitar when I thought (foolishly) that I was "retired". :)

I now use a Hartke HA4000 with my Peavey 410TXF (which is a great extension cab for the BAM).

I don't have ALL the settings I used...there are way too many combinations of settings to keep track of...but I did write down my favorites and I still have them.

Let me know.

3. TheLarch

Hey Sundogue - PM sent! And thanks!!

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I've sent it to you.

My settings may be completely unusable by you. But it's a start. There are just so many tonal varations available on that thing. Experimentation is a must! :)

Couple of things to keep in mind. I play a Cirrus 5 string with Labella tapewounds and I prefer a more hi-fi sound with scooped mids.

Hope it helps you.

5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    You should learn to save your BAM programs in a
    sysex files for backup and sharing.
    (See Manual page 15).

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have 8 patches saved. The models that I use most are the SVT, the Super Redhead, and the GK/Hartke. The GK/Hartke patch is killer for fretless.

7. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI

I don't have the BAM any more...I traded it off on a guitar when I thought I was out of music (gigging) entirely. It just so happened that I wrote them down, when I was experimenting, and I saved them in an Excel Spreadsheet before I traded it in.

8. TheLarch

Embellisher, as you are the number one proponent of the Bam's, how exactly have you set your 8 patches or the models that you use the most? Inquiring minds.....

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The amp is at church, and I won't see it until this weekend. I will try to remember to write down the settings.

10. The BAM I play thru is also at church, so I don't have the exact settings. But, I use two different presets for the 2 main basses I play. One is the Red Head amp with (I think) the bassman cab. Low mids cranked and some chorus to click on and off when needed.

The other is the "West Coast" amp with the 8X10 cab. I use some distortion on this setting.