Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Bam 210...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brandonwhite, Feb 9, 2002.

1. brandonwhite

brandonwhite

Jan 2, 2002
    AR
    Hey, I'm in the market for a new bass amp and I went to the local music store wanting to play through some ampeq's. The guy I was working with showed me this Peavey Bam 210 combo. I was skeptical at first but after I played through it.....oh wow. It is amazing. However, it's a modulating amp. I think that is what he said. What do you guys think about that? What does that mean other than the effects are all built into it. He is going to sell it to me for $1,070. I was also thinking about putting the peavey 410TVX under it. Making it all together 6x10. tell me what you guys think. Check out the stuff at http://www.peavey.com. Thanks guys.

2. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've tried one. Can't say anything bad about it. I considered one, but what put me off is:

1. I don't want any 1 piece that weighs 90 lbs.
    2. I was worried about the fact that everything is crammed into a circiut board, and would be at the mercy of Peavey, whatever the price of the board should it fail.

Dave

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    To me, the modeling effects sound just like changing the EQ settings, some of which sound pretty bad. The built-in effects also sound pretty digital, no better than my Korg AX1B. And yes, it is a heavy little SOB. That price is pretty good, though. Also keep in mind that the internal impedance of the BAM is 4 ohms whereas the 410 cab is 8 ohms I believe. That might cause an imbalance between the sets of speakers although you'd be running less power through more speakers(the 410) which might compensate. Good luck.