Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey BAM users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by embellisher, Feb 22, 2003.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

As most of you know, my Eden Metro was stolen and I am in the market for a replacement.

I have tried a lot of different things, and for some reason had totally forgotten how badly I had GAS for a BAM back when they were introduced.

I played through one today, and boy, did it refresh my memory! I think that this is the one.

People who are using these, I have a few questions.

Are you using them alone, or with an additional cab?

How do they do at high volumes, with a low B string?

Are they loud enough?

Have they been reliable? How long have you owned it, and how often do you play out?

Thanks, everyone.:)

2. embellisher

Anyone?:bag:

3. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I tried one of those and I have to agree they sound great. The only thing that scares me about them is that with all the added electronics you increase the odds that something could go south on you.:meh:

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I had a friend who used a BAM through an SWR 4x10 live, going through a PA with a loud top40 band. I sat-in, and though it sounded fine, it didn't have much low-end push at volume, IMO.

He eventually sold it and got a Hartke head and called it an "upgrade". This guy's no slouch, played in great clubs every single Friday and Saturday . . .

5. didja try it at Murphy's on 183? They had some nice upper-end PV basses (cirrus/US Grind)'s last time i was there. I liked the BAM OK. it seemed like the modeling would be best utilized with a flat cab - like PA's supprted by sub(s). Neat idea, tho'

6. embellisher

Actually, I tried it at Brook Mays on 183(Irving) but I am ordering one through Murphy's. They beat BM by $150.

7. embellisher

Anyone else have input on this?