Peavey Bam210 For Sale / Trade - $650 obo + shipping

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by TheLarch, Apr 15, 2005.

1. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

Peavey Bam 2x10 Combo (For Sale / Trade)

I have for sale or trade:

Peavey Bam 2x10 combo - Excellent Condition. Inspection sticker on the back is dated "9/13/03".

Here are the Specs:

500 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms (with 4 ohm extension cab)
    350 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
    Two 10 inch cast frame woofers
    Horn-loaded tweeter with L-pad attenuator for tweeter and protection circuitry
    Front ported
    Angled bafflle board for that tilt-back sound
    Built in tuner
    Headphone jack
    Chorus/flange with crossover (variable high pass filter)
    Octave divider
    Auto-wah (AKA-Funk wah)
    Bass, mid-range, and high tone controls with mid shift
    Tone controls - passive and active type EQs
    Tilt back casters
    Attached rolling handle
    Footswitch & Midi cable
    Dimensions: 24.00" H x 23.50" W x 17.25" D.

It is a great modeling amp that does uncanny duplication of the following amps and cabs (which you can also mix and match):

Ampeg SVT & 810 Cab
    Ampeg Portaflex & 1x15 cab
    SWR Redhead & 210 cab
    Acoustic 360 & 1x18 folded horn cab (my second favourite).
    Eden WT600 & 410 cab (my personal favourite)
    Fender Bassman & 2x12 cab
    Galline-Krueger 800RB & Hartke 410 cab

It's own voice is also top notch and made me, a skeptic about Peavey, see Peavey in a whole new light.

Here is a link to Peavey's webpage for the Bam 210 and where you can listen to audio samples and also read a review.

Also, do a search in the amps forum to see all of the complimentary things people have said about this combo.

This is a great amp with power to fill any small to medium size club. Punchy and articulate with excellent low-mids. Highs are smooth. Probably has one of the best built- in compressors around. Goes from old school thump to high end gloss with ease. If this amp said "Eden" or "SWR" on the grill instead of "Peavey", folks would be fighting for these at twice the price. I ran the combo with another 210 cabinet to see how the full 500 watts would sound; rest assured, it is LOUD!!

Frankly, this is too much of an amp for my needs these days. My current band is not going out on the road any time soon and we do the vast majority of our shows in NYC where I need to only bring a head. I have done only 1 gig with this combo in the last year. That is it; not even rehearsals with the Bam. The Bam sits at home.

This rig is in excellent shape, the only minor flaws are cosmetic where one of my cats went at the carpet on the sides towards the front. I also will throw in the cover I have for it, a $20 item that Peavey makes you buy after-market.

Price $600.00 (local pickup or delivery much preferred), but I will ship. Please be prepared for shipping costs in the neighborhood of $65-75 depending on where you live. I will only ship in the continental US, but any shipping costs over $75, I'll eat.

Pictures posted in the following reply.

I accept Paypal (add 1.5% to cover half of the fees), USPS Money Orders, Personal Checks (Check must clear bank before shipping).

Partial trades (+/ - $, depending on offer) I'd consider:

Eden WT400
    Mesa Walkabout
    Eden 210XLT 4 ohm cab
    Aguilar GS112 cab
    Yamaha BBT-500H

However, feel free to make offer of comparable amps / cabs to the above. Basses, I'm all good on, though. However, if you have an Epiphone Elitist Thunderbird or Lakland Skyline Hollowbody, that would definitely get my attention.

Please note that my ebay handle is "Swales1" where I have a 100% positive feedback rating based on over 244 positive feedbacks. I also just received a nice feedback here from MJ5150, (a damn good guy, btw) for a Genz-Benz head that I purchased from him that hasn't even arrived yet.

Thank you.

2. TheLarch

3. TheLarch

Bump as I've now reduced the asking price to $600 obo (+ shipping).
  4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'll vouch for how incredibly awesome these amps are. I've had mine for 5 months now and it is unbelievably cool and versatile. It can produce almost any sound you can imagine, it thunders the low B better than any 2x10, cab or combo, I've yet heard and has tons of power to boot. Also it has a sweet footswitch with a pretty solid tuner function... all in all 625 is a REALLY good price for this amp and someone should jump on it ASAP.

Bump :)
  5. TheLarch

Thanks Ralphdaddy!
  6. TheLarch

Tuesday morning bump
  7. TheLarch

One last price reduction to $600 obo. Please don't make me Ebay this - it deserves to go to a good Talkbass home.
  8. TheLarch

one last bump before this is off to ebay
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Stephen is a great guy. You won't have any problems dealing with him. If I wasn't on a sudden hunt for Epifani cabs, I'd like to buy this combo.

10. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Fascinating. I was just thinking of selling my Epifani cabs to buy the BAM.

Hmmmm....someone PM me!

11. TheLarch

Justyn, I just sent you a pm.

12. TheLarch

I just shot you a pm.

13. TheLarch

Oh, heck....

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

J......I just PM'ed you. Hurry up, I have a couple deals brewing up right now!!

15. TheLarch

some nibbles, but still available

16. alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    I can also vouch for the sound and overall versatility of this amp! I bought one off a fellow talkbass member a couple months back, and it was the best bass purchase I've made in years! I've played all the 2-10 combos, and this one is by far my favorite. I wish I could afford to buy this one for my brother in law... he's in love with it too!
  17. TheLarch

Alembic5, you speaketh the truth!

This is still available as a trade that was in the works fell through.
  18. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    I could be interested but you dont wanna ship outside the U.S...
  19. TheLarch

As much as I'm open to shipping this outside of the US, I'm sure the cost would be absolutely huge for an overseas buyer.
  20. Mahlon

Jan 27, 2005
    Bennettsville SC
    I'm sorry if I missed it but what does it weigh?