Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Basic 40 - $100

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by CYoung, Jun 1, 2003.

1. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    This is your basic Peavey 40W practice amp with a 12" speaker. It is good for small jam sessions and practice. Speaker is in good shape and the electronics are fine. Exterior has a couple of small splotches, but no tears that I can see.

This thing is fairly heavy, so if you want it shipped, you will have to pay for shipping from Gainesville, FL. If you are close to this area, e-mail me if you want to see the unit in person or pick it up in person.

I am starting the asking price at $100, but open to trading for bass and audio goodies. Basically, I don't need this amp any more and I hope to either get a few $ for it and send it to a good home or trade it for something useful.

Looking for: neat P-bass bodies, effects pedals, small monitor speakers, bass goodies.

Attached is a pic of the unit.

Terms:
    - If you pick up directly from me: cash or trade only
    - If I ship, you will pre-pay with a USPS money order. If we agree on a trade, we'll work out the details in e-mail.

e-mail me at caloos2000 at yahoo.com

Reasonsble offers will be entertained. Unreasonable offers will be considered by my pet monkey, Simbu, and then he may or may not throw poop at you depending on whether or not he likes your offer.

2. i've got a peavy basic 60, and i love it, its just a little bigger than the 40 so i don't have to have a smaller amp to practice and i don't really need a bigger one to play gigs, at least the size gigs i play, i'm not really looking for an amp, but for those of u who are, these things are great

3. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Thanks for the input on this unit; perhaps it will help it find a good home!

4. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Bada bump, bada bump, bada bump bump bump.......

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    We have a Basic 40 in the family, and it roars! Much louder than you'd expect for a 40W combo.

Bump, BTW.

6. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Price is now slashed to $80!

How can you resist?!?!?!?!