Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Basic 60

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alyosha09, Sep 2, 2000.

1. Alyosha09

Alyosha09

Jun 16, 2000
    Anyone know ANYTHING about this? Anyone???

please and thank you

Alyosha

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Yep.
    Its a 50 watt Combo Amp.
    The Preamp/Amp section has 2 Inputs, a bright switch, 4 band EQ and Effects loop. Pre and Post Gains.
    Has a 12" 8ohm Speaker, closed enclosure.
    I have one of those for practicing. It is very portable and very good sounding for the power.It has DDT compresion for better high power situations.
    Its contructed like a brick, very solid. You can even drive on top of it and it wont broke. Shred on it, fire it, whatever it is VERY durable.

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Oh I forgot.
    This is the older model. (Pre 1998) The new one its called Peavey Basic 112 (Its the same amp, speaker. new enclosure-finish)

4. I own a Basic 112 for practicing and have found it to be an excellent amp for that purpose. I have also used it for smaller gigs and it sounds great.

I definitely second Ifabara's comments on its ruggedness. IMO, one of the best practice amps ever.

Look in the Peavey website, in the manuals section where you'll find all the info you need.

John