1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Bass 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CarmenWilliams, Oct 26, 2018.

1. CarmenWilliams

CarmenWilliams

May 18, 2018
    I've recently found a Peavey Bass 400 online for $100 (I can probably get it cheaper). But anytime I look it up, I see a different model. The one being sold has 2 Distortion knobs rather than 2 Harmonics knobs. I was wondering if anybody knew the difference in the models.
    Is it a good bass head?

Here's a picture

Attached Files:

2. blacktocomm

blacktocomm

Feb 19, 2013
    Maryland
    I had one for a few years. Its a decent head. Plenty loud especially when you run it at 2 ohms into a couple of 4 ohm cabs. I bought and sold mine for $100. Not sure of the difference between the dual distortion/harmonics. For about the same money you could probably find an 80's Mark series head that would be better in almost every way though.

My old one...
    adgp6v.

saabfender likes this.
  3. CarmenWilliams

CarmenWilliams

May 18, 2018
    I just bought this cab for only $60 and it sounds pretty amazing. So I thought it'd be neat to run a Peavey head with it. I'm in a 3 piece hard rock band so I really want my sound to come through.

Attached Files:

saabfender likes this.
  4. blacktocomm

blacktocomm

Feb 19, 2013
    Maryland
    $60 is a great score on that 2X15. I used one of those cabs with a Peavey Mark IV head through the early to mid 90's. Great LOUD rig.

CarmenWilliams likes this.
  5. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    Find an old Peavey 1820 cab. 1x18 and 2x10 in a single cab. You will be heard...

bassplayer2014 and saabfender like this.
  6. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I've only gigged with this thing once (on a country gig) but it damn sure filled the whole room. I don't gig with it currently because I can't keep my foot out it, which annoys our sound man.

PeaveyAmp - 1.

Into this outfit for $250, including casters. I couldn't believe it didn't have wheels on it. It did within 24 hours. Peavey: Decent, cheap and everywhere.

7. 400 and 215 are made for each other.
    For 160 beans you can have loud, cheap and reliable all in one package.

CarmenWilliams likes this.
  8. CarmenWilliams

CarmenWilliams

May 18, 2018
    That's what I'm thinking!

9. CarmenWilliams

CarmenWilliams

May 18, 2018
    So is the amp 400 watts? Or 200