Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey bass head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sixstringbass, Sep 30, 2005.

1. I just got my peavey mark III standard bass head and Ive got it hooked up to my gallien krueger 4x10 but its only 130 watts. im wanting to know if this is going to be loud enough to play with drums and a guitarist and the bass stand out. I havent tested it out with my guitarist and drummer yet.

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well I have a peavey tnt 115 thats 150 watts, and it is loud enough to keep up with my 2 guitarists and their 212 combos.

Depending on how sensative your speakers are and how you EQ your amp determines how loud you will be.

Some suggestions are boosting the mid range frequencys on your head so you can cut through the mix better. Or Just sell your cab and head, save your pennies, and go check out www.avatarspeakers.com

-Rob

3. i might just try to find another peavey head with more watts like a peavey xp series

4. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Try and look for a used firebass or a used max head.

They usually go for about 300$ on ebay.

5. mmmm, Firebass . . . its got FIRE in the name, you know its gotta be good, better than the newer Max700 . . . well, its not, its the exact same amp, but, FIREBASS sounds cooler :)