Peavey bass lineup

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wolfman200, May 29, 2005.

1. I'm considering getting a beginnerish bass soon and I know that there's a lot of value to be had with Peavey. Can anyone give me an in-depth description of what's out there?(new AND used) Please say as much as you know so this thread can be useful for everybody.
  2. come one guys, I know I've heard good things from all of you about Peavey. Let's hear it!
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I have no Peavey instruments, but an amp, pedal and a synth unit all for under $30 each.
  4. I play a Cirrus but I wouldn't really call it beginnerish ;) The lower end asian stuff seem to be good bang for your buck stuff. E-bay seems to have a never ending stream of good old used stuff. For $200 to $400 you can pick up a nice used,quality bass that was made in the U.S. I just rolled the dice on an active 4 string with case for $230 including shipping. Search E-bay you'll see.
  5. Actually, I was lloking at Peavey's on ebay and that's what inspired this thread. I just don't anything about each model. Specifically, what are the unique characteristics of Milestone, Fury, Millenium, etc...?
  6. axcelerator...?
    And Yeah Fletch, I won't be able to consider a cirrus because of my ability and budget.
  7. Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    I have a Peavey Foundation bass I got back in ... oh , i donno. 2000 , or 2001. It held up great and did what i needed it to do as I was learning to play.

I also got a Peavey Minx 110 Combo amp that kicks behind! I've had it almost as long as the bass. Both have been through a lot. My amp sat in the back of my Bronco for 9 months and I moved from state-to-state. When I finally moved home, plugged it in. And it played like the day I got it. It's my main practice amp that I use at home everyday. Not one problem with it.

Last week I picked up a Peavey Firebass 700 amp head from a pawnshop for a couple of bills. Then, I bought a Peavey 410 TVX cab. I've only been playing on them for a week , but, it's a great rig. The main reason I got the peavey stuff is because of how well my other things have held up. And, they're pretty cheap in price too.

The only problem I've ever had with any of my stuff is the knobs on the bass came off and the input jack is loose. Other then that, it great for a $200.00 bass that I bought nearly 5 years ago.
  8. The Milestones are pretty much the bottom of the line. Passive, J-ish P's or P-ish J's, not bad for the beginner.

New Furys are made in asia somewhere and have active electonics. Older Furys iirc were passive P clones.

Newer Milleniums are pretty similar to the Fury but you can get them with passive J style pu's or active soapbars. Older Milleniums were made in the U.S and had either a J/mm pu config or a JJ. Both had Peaveys top of the line preamp if I'm not mistaken.

There's a bunch of other forgotten models that are worth checking out like the Axcelerator or G-bass or the TL ect.