1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey bass sale: one year later

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by midnight, Nov 16, 2006.

1. This is in reference to a large blowout sale at Musician's Friend. See (huge) thread at http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213711 !

It has been almost one year now, to the day, since I stumbled upon a simple enough thread here, titled "peavey bass sale". Great deal heads-up threads are always out there and, I must admit, I read most of them to see what kind of smokin' deals are out there. Fortunately I saw this peavey post in the first day and made it over to MF to find a still-decent selection of Made-in-USA Milleniums. The first thing I saw was a nice-looking bass (though I'm still not a huge fan of the black headstock). The second thing I saw was a reduction of price from $1400 down to $299 SHIPPED. "Free shipping, 30 day trial, what have I got to lose?" I thought and pulled the trigger on the JJ Plus model.

Here I am, one year later, and I still can't wipe the grin off my face every time I pull this bass out. This bass is as good as anything I've ever played, which is why I sold all my other instruments and it remains the lone soldier. I am still amazed with the tone I get and the flexibility it has with the active electronics. It's nice and light and the action is just amazing.

So, for all you lucky folk that managed to snag this deal, let's hear if you're liking it! Posts from those who didn't care for it or sold it are also welcomed. Just thought it would be nice to stroll down memory lane and see what the general thought is. Thanks!

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's one I really missing out on, but I do have five string USA Millennium, so I'm not all the way in the cold.:)

3. I didn't buy one of those Peaveys but I remember this thread well.

What's amazing to me is how FAST time flies. It really doesn't seen like a year since then!

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That describes my experience. Particularly after dropping a Reverend Rumblefish P pickup in mine.

5. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Has it really been a year? :confused: Time sure flies when you're gettin' old! :D Like Dr. Cheese, I am the proud owner of a USA Millennium 5. USA Millenniums are extremely well made, great-sounding basses. Rock on midnight!

6. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    I bought the passive Millennium PJ as a backup to my active USA Millennium J/MM. They are the only basses that see any playing time now. I sold my Fender CIJ Mustang, gave away a Vantage pawn shop find and my first bass, an SX Jazz is just gathering dust.

I did strip my G tuner (I suspect user error); but bought a replacement from Peavey and am back in business.

I've been relatively GAS-free for 1 year.

7. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I, too, bought the JJ Plus based on that thread. I didn't need it, but couldn't pass it up-being a Peavey whore and all, lol! I put it in rotation with my other Peaveys...played it again two weeks ago at a wedding gig. It still is all sweetness...

Kim

8. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    The Millenium 5 in Dr.Cheeses signiture used to be mine so I know what you guys are talking about.Awesome basses.