1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Basses for sale!! TL-5!! TL-6!! FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by keithbroussard, Aug 2, 2012.

1. keithbroussard

keithbroussard Supporting Member

For sale/trade are my 4 USA MADE Peavey TL series basses w/hard cases in Very Good condition!!!

I have two TL-5's (one sunburst & one green stain) and 2 TL-6's (one sunburst & one red stain) for sale or trade.

The Peavey TL-5 and TL-6 were the precurser's to the Peavey Cirrus and are considered to be almost boutique in terms of quality and features (as I'm sure many of you already know).

I've included pics for 2 of the 4 basses (the green stain TL-5 is having the original preamp reinstalled at the moment, and I'll post pics of the red stain TL-6 ASAP).. :)

(The Red Stain TL-6 is a first Gen!!!) NOW $500 SHIPPED!

(S&H will be $30 USPS or $40 UPS per bass)

I would like $450 OBO for the Burst TL-6 (SOLD), $500 SHIPPED for the Red stain TL-6 (first gen), and $350 OBO for EACH of the TL-5's (SOLD, Pending Payment on the green TL-5) . These are very similar to neck-through Spector basses in my opinion (I should know I have owned a few) but are MUCH
    more affordable.

I am looking to sell or trade (with cash) towards a Warwick Streamer LX or Streamette (no Rockbasses please), or I would trade 2 peaveys-for-1 warwick if need be.

All the basses feature :

-5 piece Maple and purpleheart neck through body

-Solid Flame Maple body wings

-VFL pickups (on the TL-5's)

-Dual P style pickups (on the TL-6's)

-Active Electronics

-original Peavey hard cases (except for one aftermarket case on a TL-5 and a Gator on another TL-5)

-Ebony fret board

-24 frets

-Gold hardware

-Upgraded to a Schaller bridge on the TL-5's but original peavey bridge will be included

The basses are in Very Good condition (especially for all being 20+ year old basses).

There are a few small dings (although the sunburst TL-6 is practically Mint!!!), but they are only visible up close. No huge gouges, dents or signs of heavy finish wear like you see on some instruments of this age (or newer!!).

(These HAVE been played, but they've been VERY well taken care of!!)

The basses all play great and sound great, but I have decided that I am just a 4 string player at heart so my 5 string and 6 string basses have to go.

The specs are the same with the only real difference being that the TL6-s basses have 2 "P" style pick-ups.

I AM keeping my 4 string sunburst however ("unless" someone has a REAL good offer)!! ;-)

PLEASE email for more pics!!!! :)

Attached Files:

• A1.
      A1.jpg
      File size:
      100.6 KB
      Views:
    • B1.
      B1.jpg
      File size:
      125.8 KB
      Views:
  2. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Dying to see the red 6er & green 5!

3. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    That is a smoking deal on the TL-5 basses!

4. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

34" or 35" scale ?

5. keithbroussard

They are all 34" scale and the red TL-6 is a first gen. Due to getting home so late tonight I will reply to all PM's tomorrow evening. Thanx for all the interest everybody!

6. keithbroussard

And I must correct one thing I goofed up here. The Sunburst TL-5 case is NOT original so I apologize for any confusion. Thanx again!

7. keithbroussard

As requested. pics of the green one!! :)

Attached Files:

• C1.
      C1.jpg
      File size:
      217.9 KB
      Views:
    • C3.
      C3.jpg
      File size:
      324.4 KB
      Views:
  8. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Dang! Wish that was a first gen.. I'd be all over it!

9. Bonafide

Bonafide Rodney Gene Junior Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Artist for: Nick Silver Pickups, Free The Tone Effects, Carr Amplifiers, PG Music BIAB, Ethos OD +
    Pm Sent.

10. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    PM sent on the red TL-6

11. keithbroussard

All PM's have been replied to I think. And the sunburst TL-5 and sunburst TL-6 are sold pending payment. My apologies if my replies have been delayed but I work multiple jobs right now and free time is hard to come by sometimes. Thanx for everybody's interest!

12. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    PM sent on green TL5

13. keithbroussard

Green TL-5 now sold pending payment

14. keithbroussard

The first gen TL-6 is now $500 shipped! Everything else is SOLD/SOLD Pending Payment. Thanx everybody!

15. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Free bump for a very gracious seller and a SWEET bass. I wish I had the cash for it!

16. Smokin deals

17. keithbroussard

And the first gen red TL-6 is now sold pending payment! A big "Thanx" to everybody for your interest. The first three TL's went out today and i will send tracking mumbers to the buyers this evening after work.