Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockin John, Dec 20, 2000.

1. I'm in the budget end of the market and quite like the looks of the C4 (previously known as the "Zephyr") and the Fury II (which I understand is soon to be replaced with a newer model). The UK prices are around £200 and £190 respectively. Both seem great value for money.

I've played the C4 and found it V nice. Have not played the Fury II.

Any comments or advice please.

Any other decent basses in my price range?

Thanks.

Rockin' John

2. ButCirrusly

ButCirrusly

Dec 11, 2000
    Definently go with the Cirrus 4! The Cirrus in my opinion is one of the best bangs for the buck that you can buy! I owned one and all I did was trade it for the Cirrus 5 string! Any and All the cirrus basses are excellent!

3. Hello, ButCirrusly.

Are we talking about the same axe?

The Cirrus4 is (I think) about £1000 UK whereas the C4 is about £200 UK.

Would love a genuine Cirrus but could only afford the look-alike C4.

Did you mean the Cirrus 4 or the much cheaper C4?

Regards.

John

4. ButCirrusly

ButCirrusly

Dec 11, 2000
    Hi rockin John, I was talking about the Peavey Cirrus 4 String! Sorry about the mix-up!
    ButCirrusly!

5. Rockinjohn,

Hey check out a search on the posts for Peaveys and you'll see good and bad comments. Some of the older Peaveys were not that great. I think the current Peaveys particularly the Furys and Foundations are about the best values in their price ranges. The Fury is Korean made, but plays and looks great. Check out the Tobias tobypro and toby deluxe as well as the steinberger spirits at the website below. Both great values for the money.

http://www.musicyo.com