Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey - Black Widow 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The_Bass, Sep 28, 2000.

1. ... so I called the Peavey dealer here in Iceland and he suggested some speaker called... uhh... Selection or something like that?? does that brand excist?

I´m not completely sure of the name... but it´s not to expensive here... :)

anyway... should I go for it?

btw: it wasn´t my combo.. it was phreaky´s Peavey TNT 115... :p

hmmm.. the subject of the thread didn´t come out completely....

[Edited by The_Bass on 09-28-2000 at 12:28 PM]

2. He probably said Celestion. They're one of the top guitar speaker manufacturers.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    What exactly is "blown" on the speaker? If it's the cone, Peavey makes replacement baskets that should be cheaper than replacing the entire speaker. Then again, I don't know what the cost and availability is like in Iceland.

4. I´m not sure what´s blown.. and I´m not even totally sure it´s the speaker and not the amp.. but I believe it´s the speaker.. when I play it it gives away this kinda "whirling" sound... like if you blow on a piece of paper... just MUCH louder!

replacement baskets:
    cost: not sure.. but more than in USA
    availability: none! :(

Celestion: yeah.. that´s it!! thanx :)

5. hello, hey i had the same amp, same noise, i played a ric. 4001 through it borrowed a freinds speaker to test it and it still made the noise. don't know it was the amp or not, i think its just a crappy cab. traded it in for a SWR workingman 15 and the sound went away.