1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

peavey cab info or speaker replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nobby Snide, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Nobby Snide

Nobby Snide

Feb 4, 2016
    I have a Peavey Nitrobass head and two 1x 15" Black widow cabinets. Both cabinets were purchased at different times and have had the speakers/drive units blown. The head and first cabinet were bought together approx 15 years ago the second one was off EBAY last year but looked a lot newer.

I thought there was a problem with the head which ive now had checked over by an official Peavey engineer and the reports have come back clean.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

I have also used the head with an Ashdown cabinet which has worked ok, but because of the difference in impedance, the volume was less.

So recommendations please. Get replacement Black widow drive units go for a different brand drive unit to put into the cabinets or a brnd new set up?

thanks

2. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    I had a similar problem years ago.
    I was using 1502 black widow with too much bass boost.
    The best upgrade is 1505 black widow.

Make sure you get the version with the higher Xmax.

These.
    Peavey :: 1505-8 BW™

3. Nobby Snide

Nobby Snide

Feb 4, 2016
    ok thanks