Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gmann, Feb 5, 2002.

1. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    Anybody out there have any experience with the Peavey 412 cabinet. I'm thinking of getting one and I'd like some feedback if anyones used it.

2. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    Sorry gmann, can't help you here...I've no firsthand experience.

You may try over at the Peavey forum. I've read good things about them there.
    oh btw, are you a power lifter/body builder because those things MUST BE HEAVY!

Good Luck!:eek:

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    ive never been able to play through one, and would so desperatly like to. i do know however, (from the peavey people) that it has a rated SPL of 100 dB. and it its frequency response is +/- 2 dB from 30 to i think 15k Hz. but i know its -3 dB at 30 Hz. peavey told me. weight i think is like 127 lbs... and its about 40 some inches high i think. so big box=big bass, though not all that eficient.

4. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Sorry but its -10db at 30 hz. One of the guys a peavey stated this and later after looking about found out he was wrong.

5. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    my bad. i had written to a peavey rep, and thats what they told me. misinformation anyone? eh well. sorry to be misinformative. thanks thunderstik.