Peavey Cirris Fretless 6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TravellinMan, Sep 13, 2003.

1. TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    ANyone played this bass, and you've thought on it?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A lot of people will disagree with me, but I've played 3 of these(well one was a 5 string) and I've disliked them all....a lot.

I don't see what the rave about these basses is. In my opinion, they feel chunky, play chunky, and sound bleck.

but, that's not the standard opinion.
  3. the cirrus is one of the best playing 6-string basses I have found. never played a fretless one but am pretty sure it would be similar to the fretted. my only complaint about them is the tone. it is a little to "hi-fi" for me. you should play one. definetly fun to play and well made basses.
  4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've been told that covering the Peavey logo does wonders for the performance of a Cirrus. :D ;)
  5. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I've owned a couple of them and love 'em!
    The current one I use is a Claro Walnut with gloss finish.
    I think it sounds fantastic. I roll a little toward the bridge pick up and its got that classic growly fretless sound. With the three band EQ and the pick up blend control you can get pretty much any fretless sound you want.
    The build quality is fantastic, the pickups are dead silent, the neck is slim and fast, I don't know what else I can tell you. I find it far superior to the other four and six string fretless basses that I've played in year's past (Fender, Carvin, Warwick).
    Here's a pic.