1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Cirrus 4 BXP vs Ibanez EDB400

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve2, Mar 26, 2006.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    Just wondering if they would be much difference between these 2 basses. My LMS let me take the EDB400 to play this weeked and I really thought it played well and had a good tone. I like the wood that they now use on the EDB's. One bass that I dont think is available locally is the Peavey Cirrus BXP. I know it cost a couple hundred more but I really like the way it looks and it is also Neck through. My current bass which I just posted on e-bay is a MIM Fender J bass. Thanks for any comments on these basses.

Steve

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    In terms of build quality, the Peavey is a definite step up from the
    Ibanez. The Peavey has a pretty bright or midrangey sound. It is not a bass with super booty. If you like a really clearly articulated finger style tone and a tight, compressed, slap tone, it is a great bass to play since it is comfortable and can be set up to play like buttah.