Peavey Cirrus 4-String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Predator23, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Predator23

Dec 18, 2000
    Played one of these yesterday and I was totally blown away. I thought to myself..."Peavey is such a crap brand...well I guess it has to be pretty good if it is $1099"........... Damn !!! This thing shreds !!! I guess I'm a ghetto bassist 'cause I have never played anything but my $140 Ibanez GR200. Pretty pathetic huh ?

What are your experiences with this bass ? Solid ? Crap (hard to believe) ? Electronics ? Compared to Warwick, Yamaha, Cort Curbow, Fender, etc. etc. ??

Love to hear your opinions....... $1099 a good price for this thing ?? Not too experienced in bass buying as you can probably tell.

THANKS !!!
  2. chance6245

Sep 25, 2000
    This is probably the best bass out there for the money. I've been in the factory where they are made and the attention to detail is really something. The Peavey bass line as a whole has really stepped up several notches.
  3. b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    i got my peavey cirrus 4 string lastyear in march. I fell in love it as soon as i played it. for the price i think it is one of the best basses. the features on the bass are killer. peace
  4. Cirrus

Cirrus Guest

Apr 30, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    I like them... a LOT.. :)

5. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Why does it seem so many people have that preconcieved notion? Was Peavey's past pretty dark? :confused:
  6. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    The Peavey Cirrus RULES!!! Compare this bass to any other bass at any price range, see for yourself.

7. Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    Yes it was dark. But not now. I still think that the G-bass is one of the best values out there (and someday I will own a used one). I'm not a fan of the necks on the Cirrus and Millenium --just not comfortable to me-- but there's no denying that these are beautiful basses at bargain basement prices.