1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Cirrus 4 vs Lakland Skylight 55-02

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RJS, May 20, 2002.

1. RJS

RJS

May 12, 2002
    Since they are relatively close in price, I was wondering what everyone would pick given the choice of the two. I'm on the edge as two which one to go with. I can't play either to hear them myself. The local shops only carry the crappy Peavey's, and nobody around here carries Lakland. That's what I get for living in the damn desert. Anyway, just looking for thoughts or opinions on these. I know that the Peavey's are better looking (they are gorgeous!), and I know the Lakland is a 5-stringer. But I'm mostly concerned with sound quality and p'ups, and how they play (how's the neck, etc.). I play mostly rock and kind of prefer a traditional bass sound. Thanks for the info.

RJS

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

If you're looking at the 55-02, why not look at the Cirrus 5?

If you want old school Fender tones, get the Lakland. If you want a modern, hifi machine, get the Cirrus. Two very different basses, and two very good ones. They are complementary, not competitors IMHO.