Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey cirrus - 499eur? Ehhm...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Suckbird, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
  2. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    There sellin a Bxp fiver... there showin a 4 not BXP... The BXP is an Indonisian import "These new models make the Cirrus sound and feel accessible for conventional players." This is a very confusing sell ad. Though the BXP was still amazing looking... IMO it didnt have the Cirrus sound at all .... might just been dead strings though... Ugly knobs too:meh: Try one may be for you ... Great price for an active fiver.... but Id stay away from that ad.

3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Ehhm, they have it under the title "Peavey Cirrus 5 quilted Top tiger" and it's a BXP, so it's in one way a scam?

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Or just a mess-up/mix-up. If it doesn't look like it has tiger-striped quilt maple, and costs much less, then it isn't it.

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    After a quick look-around, I've seen even more mix-ups: pics, descriptions, etc. Sloppy work... :scowl:

6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I dont think it's a mix-up.

In the middle of the Peavey cirrus ad they say "all BXP models are.." but they talk about a cirrus?

But now i know i wont deal with them..

7. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I heard that Peavey was going to start offering a new Cirrus model (BXP perhaps) that is made outside the USA. Maybe this is it?

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes i believe its a (bolt on?) import model of a Cirrus.

9. looks like a neck thru.

www.gak.co.uk have them for about £350 they do a 4 too

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    mmm yes