1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Peavey Cirrus 5 USA, Bubinga & 2 sets Nordstrand NJ5FS Jazz PUPs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by StillBlessed, Sep 20, 2017.

1. StillBlessed

StillBlessed Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Price:
    $800
    Strings:
    Cirrus is sold.
    One set of Nordstrand NJ5F sold. One set still left.

Still have 2 sets of Nordstrand NJ5F pickups for 5 string Jazz bass. These fit Fender, Squier etc style Jazz basses. No issues whatsoever and are in great cosmetic condition as well.
    One set was previously installed on a Squier Jazz Vintage Modified 5 and produced a bigger, tighter bottom, present mids and lively, but not harsh top end, even with the standard original Jazz plate. I measure the bridge pickups at 4 1/16 or 4.0625 inches and neck 3 15/16 or 3.9375 inches. I would sell these for $135 shipped for each pair.

I may also be interested in selling the Squier VM Jazz 5 thats been upgraded with one set of the Nordstrands as well an Audere JZ3 preamp still installed. I would also ship the original Duncan Design Pickups, which are great by the way. The bass plays, looks and sounds fantastic.
    I think $450 + shipping would be a great deal.

The Audere I may part with for around $120 shipped and the Squier VM Jazz, I can also entertain offers on. But otherwise I may just keep them together in some configuration. We'll see.

This is the fantastic Bubinga Peavey Cirrus 5, USA. Great tones! Set up fairly low right now. It's just a bass that seems to sit well and be heard in any mix.
    One of the best playing basses around. This is my 4thPeavey Cirrus 5 and they've all been nothing short of amazing. Each time I've had to sell one I end up purchasing another later.
    Only selling this one to purchase a TRB5 that I've always wanted.
    It's in great shape with minor blemishes. The worst I can find is one scratch near the input jack.
    Includes a hardcase. Asking $800 + actual shipping, which I consider a runaway great price.

Cirrus is sold.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  2. G RICH 5

G RICH 5

Dec 19, 2006
    Can you post pictures of the jazz, please

3. StillBlessed

Dec 20, 2010
    Added pics of the Jazz bass with it fitted with one set of the Nordstrand NJ5F and Audere preamp. Also pictured are the Duncan Designed Pickups and the programming switch for the Audere.

Also added more, hopefully clearer pics.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  4. StillBlessed

Dec 20, 2010
    Cirrus is sold.
    One set of Nordstrand NJ5F sold. One set still left.

5. Treebeard

Treebeard Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    Bear Light Symphony (bassist/vocalist)
    Nordy set still left?

6. StillBlessed

Dec 20, 2010
    Yes, right now it still is.

Treebeard likes this.