No longer available Peavey Cirrus 5 USA - Walnut/Bubinga

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ScottfromCalgary, Jul 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ScottfromCalgary

ScottfromCalgary

May 10, 2015
    Calgary
    Price:
    Strings:
    Very nice USA-made Peavey Cirrus 5 in Walnut with a Bubinga top, built in 1999. Neck is walnut with purple heart stringers and a morado fretboard. Bass is in great shape for its age with some marks and scratches, etc.on the back as would be expected for a bass of this vintage. Brand new bone nut, fresh setup and custom light gauge roto stainless strings. Some minor fret wear only. Bass weighs a comfortable 9.0 lbs on my digital scale.

There is a little bit of a crackle from the mid frequency knob, but nothing serious. Everything else functions as it should and this bass plays and sounds fantastic! For those that don't know, these are a nice economical alternative to that Ken Smith sound!

3-band (treble/mid/bass) 18-volt pre-amp with pickup pan control.

I don't have the original case but it comes with a nice limited edition Reunion Blues gig bag (worth over $200 on its own) and will be well packed.

Since I now have 1 negative feedback comment on my profile, please feel free to PM me to discuss any concerns you might have. I'm happy to share my side of the story. It's unfortunate, but poop happens I guess.

IMG_1176.JPG IMG_1177.JPG IMG_1178.JPG IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1180.JPG IMG_1181.JPG IMG_1182.JPG IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1184.JPG IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1186.JPG IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1188.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    String spacing?

mb94952 likes this.
  3. ScottfromCalgary

ScottfromCalgary

May 10, 2015
    Calgary
    I believe the cirrus 5’s are all 17 mm but are adjustable somewhat as needed. On the narrow side either way.

Edit: from what I just read in past threads it’s easily adjustable to 18mm but 19mm is a stretch and puts the strings right up against the fretboard edge apparently.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021