Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Cirrus 6 Tigereye pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by embellisher, Feb 28, 2002.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

OK, I finally got access to a digital camera, and I have some pics of my Cirrus that I bought 4 or 5 months ago. So, for those of you who are still interested, here ya go! These aren't very professional, and do not do the bass justice, but I'm no photographer, and neither is my guitarist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sweet bass. I have never seen a Cirrus with woods like that. That thing must sound great.

Geoff

3. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Wow! That is sweet. Is this your first six? It is making me drool! I have never played a six. But am toying with the idea. Do you use the c string very much?

4. embellisher

It's my second six. I have had an Ibanez Soundgear:eek: six for several years.

The high C on the Cirrus is much more useable than the one on the Ibanez. And the low B blows the Ibanez off the planet.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wow, finally some pics of it.:D

Beautiful bass. I wish I coulda found a Tiger Eye back when I bought mine. (even though the Tiger Eye wasn't available yet)

Anyways, nice bass. :cool:

7. embellisher

Geoff, I have never had the pleasure of playing a Dingwall, but I own a Zon Sonus Custom fretless, and the Cirrus sounds darned near as good! Much better than my Bart equipped Pedulla.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    All I can say is WOW!!!!!:eek:

That's AWESOME!!!!!

9. embellisher

Thanks, Nino.:cool: That is high praise coming from a guy with Sadowskys and US Spectors.:)

Too bad I didn't clean it before taking the pics.:( High gloss finishes show every little smudge.

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That's some nice stuff right there!

:D

11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Holy gee wilikers!!!:eek:

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :)

12. Embellisher,
    Sonus Custom Fretless. Those are beautiful basses. Due to exchange they are pretty much untouchable by me now. There is hope in the used market though. I saw the lightwave fretless in the classifieds for $1500. That could be done. Uforia was on that one pretty fast though. Hopefully after the Dingwall is done I will be able to find a Sonus fretless that I can pick up.

13. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Sweet bass em.

14. Wow! That's gorgeous! I played a Millenium the other day with a really nice flamed top with almost the same finish. Very nice bass too, I bet the Cirrus smokes!

15. Wow, beautiful bass! Although I played a 5-er at a local store, and it kinda sucked...maybe the battery was dying, but I don't know. Maybe it was the amp...

16. Very nice, embellisher. I especially like the real wood control cavity covers on the back.

allan

17. embellisher

Allan, the wood control cavity covers are nice, it also has walnut knobs and a walnut truss rod cover. I don't know how easy it is to tell that in the photos.

18. I put a set of the walnut knobs on the maple Cirrus I have on eBay now - they were a bit pricey but well worth it. I didn't notice the truss rod cover was wood also - that's a very nice touch.

Very nice bass, em. I'm getting rid of my Cirrus and the Nemesis combo amp and picking up a 210XLT and a 115XLT to go under the spiffy 4 space 1000w rack I just got finished building - it's pretty neat - only weighs 30lb :D

I got pretty lucky - It looks like I may take a bit of a beating on the Cirrus but the Nemesis sold locally.

allan

19. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    The knobs are walnut but the backplate and the trussrod cover are rosewood. I know I have the same bass in a five string.

20. That shot of the headstock came out nice. A really nice bass. I am jealous.

Mike J.