Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PEAVEY CIRRUS 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teenagebass69, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Hey I was looking at the peavey cirrus 6 string because I was looking to get a six string but I havent heard much about it...anyone have anything to say about the cirrus 6?

2. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I have a Cirrus 6 and I love it. The string spacing is pretty close, but mine plays and sounds great. It forces me to use the "floating thumb" technique, which helps me on my five stringer as well. If you want a 6 string I highly recommend it.

3. Yep! I guarantee that you'll hear nothing but good things about ERB basses like the Cirrus on this forum...........wait, you won't from some people but regardless the Cirrus is A GREAT bass!
    Thanks
    Troy

4. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Can't go wrong,period. ;)

5. i work for peavey, but i also own a cirrus (4 string), so take what you will from this post.

the cirrus 6 is the most comfortable 6 i've played. others may have a different experience, but i have felt much more comfortable on the cirrus 6 than the fury 6 i have in the lab at work.

robb.

6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I own a Cirrus 4 (Maple / Alder) and I love everytime I play it.
    Several TB`ers own Cirrus 6.

BTW, Poon was selling one so contact him ....
    you gotta join the Cirrus Club.

7. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Great sound, nice low action, quality woods, awesome weight and balance, excellent price point. What more could you ask for?

8. trust me....YOU WANT A CIRRUS

I went to nashville and tried out Elricks,Smiths,Lakland (5 string),and lots of other incredible brands....

The Cirrus was by far the winner...I am in love with it and can't wait until I own one!

9. I've had a chance to sit down and play two of them, one a redwood top, one a walnut top. Both were incredibly nice basses. If I was in the market for a 6-er, I'd definitely get a Cirrus 6. They were very comfortable and I really liked the tone.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Best 6 under $2500, IMHO. I love mine. Great sound, great playability, great looks. The only thing that I would change is to make the string spacing a little wider.

11. Thanks guys.....this info has helped me a lot so i finally went out and got the cirrus and im pretty sure i made the right choice...its a redwood body with rosewood fingerboard and gold hardware

12. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    trust me! you wont be able to put it down! they flat rock.
    i have a cirrus 5 maple alder and i love it. show some picks
    when you get it!!! ;)

13. hey heres a pic of my new cirrus suggested by the users of tb

14. Nice man! That redwood is killer!

15. 20one

20one

Jan 10, 2003
    Abilene, TX
    I own a Cirrus 6 Bubinga... got it right when they came out with them (2000?)... to this day it is still my favorite bass...

I'm really into alot of tapping stuff and with the Cirrus it feels more like I'm playing a Piano than a bass...

They're totally awesome...

16. I own a Cirrus 5 and have played a few cirrus 6ers, all the ones I played sounded amazing just like my 5er and were very comfortable to play. I normally don't like playing a 6 string bass but I found the cirrus 6 to be just as comfortable to play as my 5 stringer. I think the entire cirrus line has some of the most comfortable necks you can buy for under $2000.

definetly try one out, because you should try anything before you buy it. and you can find them for great deals used, check on the for sale forum.

17. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002

That Redwood top looks really great.

BTW, fretboard is made of Pau Ferro, not rosewood.

18. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I am head over heels over my Cirrus 5 Bubinga... Wow, what a great bass! Sounds amazing, plays amazing, looks amazing. I've got DR Lo-Riders on mine... Wow.

19. Good stuff!

20. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    That's a beautiful bass, congrats! The body style kind of reminds me of a Modulus, which is great IMHO. Before I replace my MM SR-5, I'm going to try a Cirrus-5 with the same top yours has.

-A.P.