Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Cirrus, a true story

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    This is how I came about the Peavey Cirrus,

I was checking out the Fred live tour in Las-Vegas and I heard the bass that the bass player Maurice Fitzgerald, was playing, but I could not really see it. I called Fred Hammonds studio (FACE TO FACE) and ask if I could speak to someone about the bass that the bass player was playing on that tour, I was put through to a sound man, who told me it was a Peavey Cirrus :eek: I said "are you sure" A PEAVEY!!!!! :eek:

He doubled checked and said it was a brown Peavy Cirrus 5 string. I tried my best to find one, and I did a a local store here, I played it and I could not believe how low the action was without any buzz, how powerful it was, 18v preamp :cool: it was all that! The sales person came to me later "hello, is there anything I can help you with, the Peavy you are playing is a very nice bass, and blah..blah..blah.." I was like " shut up! you had me at hello!" :D I bought one a few months later, had to get rid of it a year later, played one today, and now I am kind of sad :bawl: GREAT BASS!

oh well,

2. Welcome to the fabulous world that is the Peavey Cirrus!

3. Just saw a Cirrus 4 on Harmony-Central or Bassgear.com for 595. That seems like a rediculously low price.

4. The Cirrus is amazingly underrated. Maybe not here at TB, but you won't hear it mentioned much outside of our forum. Great bass by a reliable company, I have a cheaper model peavy guitar (my first stringed instrument) and it plays just as well as a MIM fender guitar. I can't say much for their lower model basses, but the Cirrus is king.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1. Every Cirrus I've played sounded and played wonderfully. And they always look oh so nice too. I'd get one...perhaps I should revise my GAS list now.

Ray

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I wouldnt say welcome to the ...etc cause isnt he saying that he doesnt own one anymore?

7. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    And now you know why I couldn't stop at just one! I have three :)

Troll

8. Wasn't that Renee Zellweger's line in the movie, "Peavey Maguire?" :D

As Smokey said, the Peavey Cirrus is amazingly underrated. ;)

An absolutely fantastic instrument. :bassist:

Mike :cool:

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I could be one of the new econo Cirruses.

10. daddyo

daddyo

Jun 9, 2004
    British Columbia
    A friend of mine has a 5 string Cirrus that is great.

11. joeybcdt

joeybcdt

May 6, 2004
    SE Texas
    Ya'll may be interested in this: Cirrus