1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Cirrus, a true story

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    This is how I came about the Peavey Cirrus,

I was checking out the Fred live tour in Las-Vegas and I heard the bass that the bass player Maurice Fitzgerald, was playing, but I could not really see it. I called Fred Hammonds studio (FACE TO FACE) and ask if I could speak to someone about the bass that the bass player was playing on that tour, I was put through to a sound man, who told me it was a Peavey Cirrus :eek: I said "are you sure" A PEAVEY!!!!! :eek:

He doubled checked and said it was a brown Peavy Cirrus 5 string. I tried my best to find one, and I did a a local store here, I played it and I could not believe how low the action was without any buzz, how powerful it was, 18v preamp :cool: it was all that! The sales person came to me later "hello, is there anything I can help you with, the Peavy you are playing is a very nice bass, and blah..blah..blah.." I was like " shut up! you had me at hello!" :D I bought one a few months later, had to get rid of it a year later, played one today, and now I am kind of sad :bawl: GREAT BASS!

oh well,

2. Welcome to the fabulous world that is the Peavey Cirrus!

3. Just saw a Cirrus 4 on Harmony-Central or Bassgear.com for 595. That seems like a rediculously low price.

4. The Cirrus is amazingly underrated. Maybe not here at TB, but you won't hear it mentioned much outside of our forum. Great bass by a reliable company, I have a cheaper model peavy guitar (my first stringed instrument) and it plays just as well as a MIM fender guitar. I can't say much for their lower model basses, but the Cirrus is king.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1. Every Cirrus I've played sounded and played wonderfully. And they always look oh so nice too. I'd get one...perhaps I should revise my GAS list now.

Ray

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I wouldnt say welcome to the ...etc cause isnt he saying that he doesnt own one anymore?

7. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    And now you know why I couldn't stop at just one! I have three :)

Troll

8. Wasn't that Renee Zellweger's line in the movie, "Peavey Maguire?" :D

As Smokey said, the Peavey Cirrus is amazingly underrated. ;)

An absolutely fantastic instrument. :bassist:

Mike :cool:

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I could be one of the new econo Cirruses.

10. daddyo

daddyo

Jun 9, 2004
    British Columbia
    A friend of mine has a 5 string Cirrus that is great.

11. joeybcdt

joeybcdt

May 6, 2004
    SE Texas
    Ya'll may be interested in this: Cirrus