peavey cirrus basses??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirk33, Mar 26, 2002.

1. dirk33

Dec 11, 2001
    Chicago Illinois
    hey, i'm looking for a new bass. I went to guitar center today and played a cirrus. it was used of but i thought it sounded awesome. very warm and it played very smooth, i like it a lot. but i was just wondering if any of you out there have owned or own on of them and could tell me what you think, thanks so much.
  2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I own two of them - fretted and fretless 6 strings.
    I've owned other "top end" instruments such as Roscoes and Warwicks and my Cirrus instruments put them to shame for a lot less $$$.
    They're built better, sound better, are more ergonomically comfortable IMO. You take any other instrument down and A/B it with the Cirrus and let your ears decide. When you hear it and then compare price tags, you'll wonder what exactly the other guys are charging all the extra money for!
    Best of luck.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've got a Cirrus 6 string. The bass is amazingly versatile, there are many useable tones lurking in the electronics. The fit & finish is comparable to some basses costing twice as much, and the B string is one of the best I have ever heard. The only better B's that I have heard are the Modulus Qunatum 5 and the Roscoe SKB, and they both cost quite a bit more than a Cirrus.

The only thing that I don't like about mine is the string spacing. I am having a hard time getting used to the narrow spacing, I prefer 3/4" spacing at the bridge.

Here's a couple of pics of mine.:D

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Do a search. There have been many, many threads praising the Peavey Cirrus here in the past. There aren't many people who don't like them.
  5. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If you do a search there are a TON of threads on this. They might be more informative than a new one. Anyway......

I love the Cirrus. I personally really like the string spacing as opposed to embellisher. It plays like a dream and sounds great! The only bass I've ever liked more was a $4000 custom!