Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey cirrus BXP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by milo, Nov 11, 2004.

1. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    Is it in stores ?
    How it sounds compared to more expensive CIRRUS?
    What bout craftmanship?

2. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    cmon
    someone must know something.
    :bag:

3. i know something, but it's a secret.

robb.

4. i'm not joking. there is a magic key to unlock the secret and it is found near the top, right of your screen. discover it and the wisdom of the world is yours.

robb.

5. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    It begins with S too...

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Since!?... No.. no.. Store!... Bah, I give up.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Search within your soul.

8. asonepraise

asonepraise

Aug 20, 2004
    I'm used the search button, and none of the other guys that posted about the Cirrus BXP had any useable information about it. . .probably why this guy tried again. Hmmm. . .did you ever think of that?

9. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    Apparently not, they would rather make him feel uncomfortable.
    It's funny how one of these guys actually has one of these basses but chose to be sarcastic rather than to help him out!
    :rollno:

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    C'mon guys. Yes, the search function is a wonderful thing, I know. I read through lots and lots of repeat threads on topics that have been covered over and over again (MIA vs. MIM, etc).

But when "cirrus bxp" is typed in, there isn't a lot of results that give a lot of info on em. If there is, just post a link to that particular thread, and help him out. Good grief. :meh:

11. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Search Nazis!

That's the name I have seen for those militant and outspoken proponents for using the search button. There is a reason why so many posts start of with "I tried searching but found nothing..."

Sorry I've no useful info about the Cirrus BXP. I was hoping to see something useful posted on this thread, but looks like the topic got stomped on instead.

12. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Search harder. No soup for you!

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm amazed that some of you are bass players. Musically, we've always been the uncredited, the unimportant, and the unsung, but we've survived that! Now you guy are crying because someone told you to hit the "search" button?! You guys are acting like lead singers/guitarists! :scowl:

14. this is the same information i always have, but whatever.

1. to my knowledge, no.
    b. similar enough to be part of the family, but different enough to be distinct. different in a good way, but not a better or worse way.
    III. the one i have is top notch, but i'd expect that from the manufacturer's sample. no one can be certain, but if it's like most of our other basses made overseas (see fury, millenium BXP), the quality will be consistent and high and will be an especially good value for the dollar.

i really enjoyed my cirrus at the gig. it was very flexible and gave me many great tones. the neck is like a cross between a cirrus and P. it's much less flat that the USA cirrus.

it's also very beautiful. it appears to have a mahogany core with "darkwood" top and back. the darkwood looks strangely like a dark, figured walnut, but who knows what kind of wood it actually is, or if "darkwood" is a euphemism for "whatever dark figured woods we have available." the neck is five-piece maple with walnut stringers and a pao ferro fingerboard. scale is 35", even on the 4, which is what i have.

the hardware will be licensed hipshot, but it's USA hipshot on mine. thusly, tuners and bridge are excellent. the bride is individual saddle (like the ibanez monorail), and can be strung through bridge or through body. it sounds better with the stock strings (which i'm guessing are stainless steel) than with cirrus thermalfused nickel strings. currently i have a new ML2000SL set of NOS d'addario slowounds, which sound quite nice, but i think i will be happier with DR fatbeams. i miss the really loose feel of roundcore strings.

is everyone happy now?

robb.

15. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I´m happier now. :D

Thanks Robb. Useful review.

16. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    thanks.
    it's much less flat that the USA cirrus.-here goes playabillity

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I guess I didn't search hard enough, because I didn't run across a review that in-depth anywhere, but I was also hurrying along a bit.

Thanks, I was interested in em too, but if the neck isn't the same as the USA Cirrus, I just lost interest. Guess I will just wait until the right used 6er comes along and try to snag one then. I should never have traded my fiver off, stupid me. :crying:

18. i like it, but i still haven't decided if i prefer flatter necks or baseball bats. both can appeal to different parts of my playing. so your options are try before you eliminate, or buy a used USA cirrus for about the same price you can get a cirrus BXP new.

robb.