Peavey Cirrus - Good Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chaosMK, Feb 22, 2006.

1. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I've been looking into Peavey Cirrus basses lately. From the HC reviews, they seem to be pretty solid. I also like the wide varieties of woods that they come in. Furthermore, the 35" scale is appealing because I am a 5-string user and play pretty aggressively- the extra tightness would work well for me.

Any thoughts on these?
  2. had you searched, you'd already know the answer. but at least my post count goes up by one.

(the answer is: of course they're a good value. everyone around here knows that.)
  3. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I searched a few different ways before posting and there are no in-depth threads about the Cirrus line.
  4. jdlwareagle

Nov 13, 2005
    Mobile , AL
    Had mine a couple of weeks now and love it !
  5. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The Cirrus is a great bass for the money. There, the Donk has spoken... that's all you need to know! Carry on. :ninja:
  6. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    I played a 4-string cirrus in store and loooooooooved it. Gotta have that long scale. I'm looking to buy a 6 string soon... I wish i could afford a cirrus 6.
  7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Great basses for the money.
  8. Pneuma

Feb 14, 2004
    Having just picked one up myself, I must say that they play quite well.

I'm still working on getting a good tone through all my junk, but I'm thinking that it just needs some new strings (and for the Hartke combo to be burnt at the stake, the tone sucker).

9. mlunsford

mlunsford Guest

May 24, 2004
    Guymon, Okla.
    [​IMG]I have a 4 string for sale right now. It's a foreign made one, but still sounds good. Make me an offer, and who knows, you might be the proud owner of a like new one.

10. mlunsford

mlunsford Guest

May 24, 2004
    Guymon, Okla.
  11. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I love mine :bassist: In fact I'm on my third already looking for another one.