Peavey Cirrus Lefty?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by QU!CK, Aug 16, 2005.

1. QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    So lets say I wanted to get my hands on a Cirrus 5 LEFTY. I'm absolutely sold on the slap tone and want to find out how I could go about acquiring one.

I've searched this website from top to bottom and can't seem to find out if such a beast even exists.... :meh:

Could I just locate a Peavey dealer and order a lefty Cirrus or ??? I'm clueless :help:

2. QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

come on guys, somebody has to know something!

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    The "true" Cirri now are Peavey custom shop models only.. I'm sure you could order one through an authorized dealer or give Peavey a call at this number:

1-866-787-5150 ext.1302

Here's the company website:

They have a neat "build your own" feature on there.
  4. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Peavey doesn't make a lefty Cirrus.
  5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    From the Peavey website:

Don't see an option that you want? Call us at 1-866-787-5150 ext.1302 or contact your local authorized Peavey dealer.
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    You go, Mark!

:D :)

BTW, Qu!ck, fellow lefty here! :)
  7. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    How many bass websites have I read the fine print on looking to see if there is a faint hope, but nada! One of these days I will make a master list of all the lefty basses available. It would be great for me when I start to having delusions about my dream bass.<g> How about Lakland Skyline or Sadowsky Metro, forget about it.

8. QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

:hyper: Hi! Not many of us on the boards huh? lol

mark beem, thanks for the comments. Looks like I'm going to have to give Peavey a call to see if a lefty Cirrus could be created and if so, how much it would set me back... :meh:

90% of my playing is gospel and I love the sound of Terrance Palmers work on Pages Of Life (Fred Hammond). Gotta have a good bass for slappin'...any comments on a Yamaha TRB1005, TRB5 II, or a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5?

I'm not so sure about the last one but I've heard good things about the Yama's.

9. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    If you can get a lefty cirrus you let me know as soon as you find out.
  10. ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    (still waiting for response)
  11. QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

I posted this question on Peavy's forums. The site says their techs HAVE to respond so I guess we'll find out soon...*prays for an affordable lefty Cirrus*