Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Cirrus (or lack of) in uk/Europe?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Murf, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if any of you good folk could point me in the direction of where I can get a Cirrus 5er in the UK or Ireland. I have serious GAS for one of these beauties but I'm drawing a blank on finding any dealers here..any Peavey dealer I've been in touch with only seem to do amplification or the lower end guitar/bass models...(some of them said they can order one for me but they'll also ramp the price waay up :rolleyes: and also as I understand it the neck through models are now only available through the custom shop...another wait)

thanks in advance.

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I know two guys who own high end Cirrus basses. Both had been looking in the UK, but couldn't find any. One picked one up on a trip to Germy (I think he got it in berlin) and another ordered his from the states.

if there are any Cirrus's in the UK, you could speak to the Bass Gallery in London and see what they have...

I've looked, and they don't have any but, they've had them before, I'm sure.

3. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Thanks for replying Chris, I assumed (and going by the website) The Bassgallery didnt stock Peavey ..I'll check em out cheers.

It's frustrating because it seems in the US most music stores seem to have them in stock (even the "mom & pop" stores) but they're next to impossible to find on this side of the pond.

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Oh tell me about it, it's even worse for me because I want a 6er.

5. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Would it be worthwhile to buy one, say on eBay and have it shipped?
    The Cirii are an excellent bass and worth the wait, if need be.

Cheers!

Kim

6. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    I've considered that option but doing a search on Ebay Ireland yields nothing..and Ebay UK...nothing, Ebay US you'll find a few but they only ship within the US.. :(

WAAAAH!!! I want a Cirrus :crying:

Seriously though this is so frustrating..here in Ireland every feckin music shop seems to only stock entry level instruments or Fender (love em ..own two).,Musicman or Yamaha...AND THATS IT!!!

So then I come here to TB and I see/hear all these other wonderful basses (Laklands, Roscoes, Dingwalls...etc)...which if you went into any music shop here and asked about them they'd look at you like youd 10 heads...and then try to sell you a mexican fender :rolleyes: .

I think a brief flight to the US is in order :D

7. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hey AJ*...regarding 6 stringers have you checked out the Yamaha TRB 6 II Basses?..I used one for a a few sessions and they're a really really nice bass..really tight low B and very consistent tone up and down the neck...plus they look great.

(I stopped using the one I had because I found I had absolutely no use for the high C string for the material I was playing plus the electronics were a bit dodgy on the model I was using...other than that GREAT BASSES).

Murf

8. caruso

caruso

Jun 13, 2005
    Bremen, Germany
    Well folks, you could always try www.station-music.de in southern Germany. They stock 4/5/and & string Cirrusses in fretted and fretless versions. Price raange from around 1700 Euros to almost 3000 Euros.

9. Hi

Before the Sound Control shop in Manchester became a Sound Control (was Academy of Sound) they had a big central Peavey stand complete with stage (saw a Stu Hamm Peavey demo there) they also had a few of the high end Cirrus basses in stock at the time (not been in for ages though) but it has since been took over by Sound Control and I'm not sure how much Peavy they do now!

You could always try the UK Peavey distributor, they also do Trace Elliot! They will be able to tell you which dealers are carrying the basses you are after. I don't know the number but should be easy to find

Tony

10. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Checked the site...they do have some beauties there! At 1.21:1 exchange rate, that's not all that far from US pricing.

Happy hunting!

Kim

11. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Yeah, there's gotta be a way! Murf needs a Cirrus bass
    :D

Kim

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Surely murf you know at this stage not to bother even considering buying gear in Ireland (well the south at least)

A lot of people are making those 1 day trips to New York which has made flights a good deal cheaper.

Im sure you've done it yourself at some stage. But I reckon it's the way to go!

If you do go over I'd like to hear about your experiences, how much you save including flights food etc. and paying duty on gear (if any :ninja: ) on the way back.

13. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well if Murf or anybody is interested, I'd be willing to sell them my Cirrus and ship it to the Ireland, etc. Check my feedback (I've bought and sold lots here on TB, never with an issue) and PM me. I have not officially put her up for sale yet, but am planning to soon (I have one and another Cirrus on the way).

14. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    Murf.... i know what your goin throu!!

try the house of music in cork city!!
    i played a Cirrus 4 there... the number in is the Golden pages anyway!!
    best of luck!

15. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    WOW!!

Guys THANKS A MILLION for the feedback..in the space of a few days I've gotten more good leads than 6 months of searching, I have a good few options now to consider so once again thanks.

Dude Your so right...here in the south theres a pitiful selection of basses to choose from (especially "high end")..and if you get the music stores to order them in for you they will charge exhorbitant prices.

If I do the "day trip to NY" thingy I'll let you know how I get on. :)

16. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
  17. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Is this the one that's basically a massive warehouse with the drums on another semi-floor? If so, I went there a few months ago on my way to the Apollo, no Peavey in sight full stop I don't think, massive wall of Warwicks but I didn't see any Peavey basses I don't think. Certainly no Cirri.

18. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Yeah it would be great to hear how it works out if you do go to NY.

I was told that my sterling would cost around the €2500 mark in Dublin forget which shod maybe musician inc. I cant remember. Anyways I bought it for €1750 up north which is quite the saving. and €50 cheaper than what musicstore is offering before tax and delivery. So I got my m-pulse there as well for €2100 which is €90 cheaper than www.tholmann.de before delivery.

Anyway I was looking at the www.tholmann.de site and saw they had cirrus's for sale. Maybe not the one you want but they could probably get you one. Themselves and www.musicstore.com are always good for cheaper gear.