Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Cirrus question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Krinkle, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Aug 3, 2004
    I just got a peavey cirrus yesterday and I want to switch out the cheap looking plastic/rubber control knobs and put some gold ones on instead. But I tried pulling the knobs off and I can't seem to be able to do it. Is there something else I have to do to remove them? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    There is an allen (hex) set screw in each knob. You must first loosen it before removing the knobs.

Kim

3. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    What kind of cirrus did you get?????????Let's see it!

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yep, that is why you can't pull them off. Loosen the screw and they will come right off.

5. Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks a bunch. I may have never noticed that w/o posting on here. Thanks. Here she is...
    [​IMG]

I got the Walnut/Bubinga top one. It plays, looks, and sounds like a dream. I am blown away with this bass. I almost didn't believe all the stuff I was hearing about these basses so I had to try one out and see for myself and I am SO glad I did. This is an amazing bass!

6. concreteeden

concreteeden

Jan 4, 2006
    bisgottn!
    Maybe the potis are fixed with bolts or sth?!
    greetz
    chris

7. RoMeRz

RoMeRz

Feb 13, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Peavey are the best imo :D

Very nice looking bass. Deffo.

8. Charmand G

Charmand G

Nov 30, 2005
    Norway
    I think I have similar knobs on my Yamaha RBX, but they where just fit really thoight (like a tiger).

"Knobs": what a funny word.

9. mlove

mlove

Jun 12, 2005
    sorry for piggy backing on this thread but i have a question. all but one of the cirrus bass's i can find on line are 35 inch scale and the one that was 34 was pretty old. do they make 34" scale cirrus bass's or are they all 35"?

10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    They are all 35" except for the Bolt-On's which are both (mine was 35 and the newer ones are supposed to be 34" according to the Peavey site).

11. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Replacing the knobs on your Cirrus might not be a bad idea anyway. I could never get the stock ones on mine to stay tight. Another local player around here just took the knobs off of his out of frustration one night when a couple of them kept getting loose and falling off.

I never had that problem with the metal knobs on the Millenium Plus basses that I owned.

12. Congrats on that awesome bass. I've been trying to find a decently priced 6 string on Ebay for a while now. Hopefully by my birthday in June I'll be able to find one.

13. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Me too. I am still kicking myself for getting rid of my Cirrus 5, and then not buying the beautiful peacock blue Cirrus 6 that TB member reedith had for sale at an awesome price here a couple years ago.

14. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    Hello Everyone, I'm assuming that the bass pictured above is a USA model????:confused:

15. Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Aug 3, 2004
    yeah, it is. This is seriously one of the best basses I've ever owned