Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Cirrus Retail price quesiton

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Jun 11, 2005.

1. I was wondering something If I showed an average dealer one of those Custom shop Cirrus 6 forms how much would it cost if on the (sugggested retail price) it said 2,739.99 how much roughly would the street price be? thanks for all help

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'd throw out a rough estimate at between $1200 and $1500, maybe higher depending on the dealer, but I don't have any inside info on this kind of stuff. Vics will probably give you a more reliable answer.

3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Here is my rule of thumb (based on actual knowledge of what the dealers pay).

I WILL NOT pay more then 60% of the list price. They pay half the list price for the instrument. So on a $2,000 bass I wouldn't pay more than $1,200.

Also, some retailers (Sam Ash and Guitar Center) break out the case from the price or just try and charge you for it. If it is a decently priced item the case is always included from the manufacturer. Exceptions would be Warwick.

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I THINK MAP on Peavey Cirrus is like 75%, as I recall. Musician's Friend typically does 80% on these, tho you should be able to do better.

For example, here's a Cirrus 5 Tiger Eye at Musician's Friend, but in short:

List: $2,699.99
    Sale Price: $2,159.99

So they have it at 80%

As a side note, I know a dealer that has a one-off Customized Peavey Cirrus Tiger-Eye 6, for WAY below that, if that's similar to what you're looking for. PM me if interested. If not, PM me anyway with the best you've been able to get and I'll shoot it past him. He's a good friend and a long time fully auth'd dealer.

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    This depends. If it's an A-mark, yeah, that's right. However, not all stuff... especially higher end basses are A-mark. I do think Cirruses are, however, so I'd consider 60-70% to be a pretty good price on a new Cirrus. Anything higher than 75% and it better be because you really really want that particular one.

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    You Americans are spoiled :rollno:

I wish I could get deals like this here... sometimes you have to pay 20-30% over list price for some MIA basses :eek: :spit:

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    True, but I don't have a problem with it. ;)

Dude, you have a Warwick. You have no problems. :)

(yeah yeah, ok, that wouldn't work on me, either) :D

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :p

It was just a general rant. Cirruses are especially funny as you'd have to pays not just 30-40% over list, but almost 70% :eek: