1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Cirrus - Walnut

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lostatrout, Jan 6, 2003.

1. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    I'm just wondering if any of you guys have played a Peavey Cirrus made out of Walnut. Do they sound pretty good? I have an opportunity to buy one manufactured in 1999 that is in excellent condition and is all walnut for $699.00 Any thoughts about the price? I've attached a pic for you to look at. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Also, would this be a good type of wood for slap bass sounds? That is what is most important to me.

2. I haven't had the joy of playing a Cirrus yet, but I have played a very nice Millennium Plus. If nothing else, consider this as approval of the quality of Peavey's higher end electronics.

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I owned a walnut Cirrus 6 for awhile and it sounded great, kinda soft with well balanced tone. I really didn't notice any extremes in frequencies one way or the other. It was a great instrument but I sold it and went back to 5's. I kinda wish I had a Cirrus 5.

4. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    My fretless is a Claro walnut Cirrus. I love it. Nice rich smooth sound. I owned another one before, made the mistake of selling it, and then went out and got another one! I think you'll really enjoy it if that's the sound your going for. I also play a fretted Cirrus with the Alder/flamed Maple combo. Much more punch and snap!
    Here's a pic.