Peavey Cirrus - Walnut

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lostatrout, Jan 6, 2003.

1. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    I'm just wondering if any of you guys have played a Peavey Cirrus made out of Walnut. Do they sound pretty good? I have an opportunity to buy one manufactured in 1999 that is in excellent condition and is all walnut for $699.00 Any thoughts about the price? I've attached a pic for you to look at. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Also, would this be a good type of wood for slap bass sounds? That is what is most important to me.
  2. I haven't had the joy of playing a Cirrus yet, but I have played a very nice Millennium Plus. If nothing else, consider this as approval of the quality of Peavey's higher end electronics.
  3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I owned a walnut Cirrus 6 for awhile and it sounded great, kinda soft with well balanced tone. I really didn't notice any extremes in frequencies one way or the other. It was a great instrument but I sold it and went back to 5's. I kinda wish I had a Cirrus 5.
  4. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    My fretless is a Claro walnut Cirrus. I love it. Nice rich smooth sound. I owned another one before, made the mistake of selling it, and then went out and got another one! I think you'll really enjoy it if that's the sound your going for. I also play a fretted Cirrus with the Alder/flamed Maple combo. Much more punch and snap!
    Here's a pic.