Peavey Cirrus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mrx41862, May 13, 2002.

1. Hi, I'm new to the site, but not to playing. I just recently found a had to have bass..."for me" again I say "for me". I respect everyones right to their own tones and feel for a bass. I've played some that I can't believe some guys like, but hey whatever floats your boat. Anyway I picked up a Peavey Cirrus and was blown away. I played about 5 of them before deciding and everyone of them felt the same. The tonal combinations were great and the bass is very well made. I got a maple on maple, and it rocks. Not having the room or the cash for alot of basses this was a great choice for me and I got a great deal on one off ebay. Anyone else play one?
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    You like Peavey Cirrus basses? You've come to the right site! Here at Talkbass, we ALL like Cirrus basses! Well, quite a lot of us anyway, myself included. :)

I've had my bubinga/walnut Cirrus 4 for... er... two months now? Very nice instrument - very playable, great tone that doesn't really sound like anything else I've come across. I love it!
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Mr. X,

Congratulations! Cirrus 5 bubinga/walnut owner here and I think that you'll find that there are quite a few people on this forum that think very highly of the Cirrus. Do a search. You'll see. ;) You got one sweet looking bass!

4. REAL nice!

Coram ... We are very close!

Again - Nice bass!
  5. Cirrus basses are very nice. Somebody is going to get a very good deal on a redwood 6 string that is for sale on ebay in the next hour (item 868303822).
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Yes Peavey Cirrus basses are excellent basses.. I would have bought one if I hadn't bought my stingray.. It was down to the line between the two... and I went for the Ray. I still dig the cirrus though and i'll get one... eventually :)
  7. Damian Coccio

Damian Coccio Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Guitars
    I bought the redwood six for $800 off ebay. I dont even know what the reserve was I only bid once. Based on all the good info here I am pretty sure Im gonna like it. Actually interestingly enough how I found it was from the sale forum. Thanks for the info guys.
  8. proud and satisfied owner of a redwood and maple cirrus here.
  9. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i agree that the cirrus is a great bass. like ldiezman, i was right down the middle between the cirrus and the 'ray. i too went with the 'ray. life is full of tough choices...
  10. I played a Peavey Cirrus and LOOOOOVED IT! Interestingly enough, I too am sort of stuck between the Cirrus and the 'Ray. Though I think I'll go with the cirrus. The neck on the cirrus is a lot smoother and nicer, (wenge, I believe) and the tone is a lot smoother and I just like the tonal variety. The StingRay was real nice, and I really liked its tone, but for feel and sound I prefer the cirrus. I just hope no one snags it whilst I'm trying to allocate funds.
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

From one Cirrus player to another.

I've got a tigereye finish maple/alder model, the deluxe version with the sweepable midrange, walnut knobs, and ebony fingerboard.

Here are some obligatory pics.:D

12. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
  13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Maple/alder Cirrus 5 owner here. Very nice basses, great tone, great neck, great fit and finish. Although mine has now taken a back seat to a Modulus Quantum 5.:)
  14. Very nice. Cirrus are very nice basses.
  15. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    The only two instruments I play are Cirrus!
    My fretted is a Flamed maple over alder and my fretless is a Claro walnut over walnut. Both 6 strings, with the Pau ferro fingerboards and gloss finish.
    They are my pride and joy! Love 'em!
  16. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    ahhhhhhh damn peavey is great. i love the cirrus. man..i think...i love peavey haha. seriously though. very very good instraments...and the bam is so sweeet!
  17. mah

Sep 10, 2001
    i have a cirrus 5 string bubinga LOVE it...sounds and plays like a dream;)
  18. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Maple/Alder 6 here.

Nice sound, and about the lowest playable action I've ever seen on a bass.

Still on the lookout for those Peavey strings everyone says are so nice on these basses, but have yet to come across a set. Using SS Lo Riders.
  19. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Got three (3) sets. About $21.00 a set.

Cirrus Bass Strings 5XL
    .45, .65, .80, .105, .125