1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Peavey Classic 400 -All Tube - Milwaukee/Chicago Area

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by LowG, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    I just picked this up locally from a guy, but have decided that it's not for me. I was having fond memories of all-tube goodness, but A-B-ing it with my current rig made me decide to just stick with what I have. I guess I've just gotten used to using solid state and distortion pedals.

With that said, this is a cool amp that will be great for someone else. I shouldn't have to describe it much - there is a very long mega-thread dealing with this amp model.

This is a black and chrome version. The last owner had 4 of the 8 poweramp tubes replaced with Groove Tubes. I don't know why he didn't do all of them but he did tell me that it was professionally done.

Very loud, and very heavy. I can ship it, but buyer pays shipping and packing costs. I will be in Chicago a couple times over the next couple of weeks, so I could meet someone down there. I am in Milwaukee, WI.

$OLD plus shipping.

If anyone wants specific photos or more info, let me know.

DSCF2258.

DSCF2255.

2. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Bump.

I got one interesting amp trade offer, but if I could sell it outright that would be better.

Also - as far as trades go - more than another amp I'd be interested in quality effects, studio gear (mostly microphones), a neck pickup for my Rick 4001, upright bass strings, a 16 channel recording mixer (with direct ins and outs on each channel)....

3. great deal on a sweet amp! this thing will knock walls down and if you dropped it might rip a whole in the floor too hah.

im curious what kind of distortion you run? i looooove my mxr m80+ through the classic 400!

4. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well, my situation is a bit different than normal because I'm playing an upright in a hard rock setting. I'm using a magnetic pickup, so I just treat it like a really long scale fretless bass with flatwound strings.

With that said, I'm using a Sansamp - the 3 channel one. I run it into an Ashdown - it's not in front of me, but it's an older-nice-made-in-England one, ABM EVO 500 I think it's called (definitely those letters, I just always forget the order.... EVO500ABM, 500EVOABM.......)

Never tried the M80. Maybe I'll check it out sometime. I kind of like the 3 channels for the Sansamp - one kind of clean, one kind of dirty, and one very dirty.

I didn't even try just using the amp clean and putting my Sansamp in front of it. My idea for the amp would have been to get rid of the "tube emulator" and use the channel switching on the tube amp the way I used the Sansamp.

I like the Peavey ok, but I think I'm just too used to my current setup. It didn't blow me away enough to justify the switch. Again, potential buyers, don't let this scare you off. My application for the amp is quite different than a "normal" bassists, and as you all know there are many big fans of this amp out there.

Also - I've had a couple of shipping quote requests. You can now look this stuff up yourselves:

It'll be shipped from 53212
    It weighs 94lbs without packing materials
    Dimentions: 11"x25"x17" without packing materials

I have not tried packing it up yet, so just guess on how big and heavy it'll be after that. The costs should be similar. I'll pay for the packing materials and will, of course, pack it as well as I'd like something like this packed for myself.

5. Amokoma

Amokoma

Feb 4, 2007
    Norway
    Do you take Paypal?

6. Shipping to 13601 please...

7. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sure, I'd take paypal.

To get shipping estimates, please see post #4. If you don't like FedEx, tell me who you'd like me to use. I live in 53212, the weight and size of the amp are available facts. That information should get you an idea of how much the shipping will be. If you actually WANT the amp, the we can work out what the exact rate will be after it gets packed up and a shipping method gets chosen.

8. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    pm sent

9. Trade for a Kustom Groove Bass 1200HD? It's in mint condition and has footswitch.

10. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    No thanks to more amp trade offers unless you're local and I can check it out in person. I don't want to just have to get rid of another amp after I get rid of this one.

11. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Down to $OLD for you TB'ers (+ shipping)

12. are you looking for anything paticular for trade / partial trade?

13. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    pm sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.