Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Classic 400 Tube Amp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Thornton Davis, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    All tube bass head made by Peavey to compete with Ampeg - Mint Condition - Black Carpet - Power amp has 8 Sovtek 6550WE power tubes - Preamp has five 12AX7s and one 12AT7 - This thing has thunderous power and monster tone! - There are absolutely no solid state divices in the signal path - Output 443 Watts RMS at both 4 and 8 ohms. Two channels with seperate EQs - Clean & Distorted - both channels can be combined via channel selector switch - Remote switchable effects loop - 10 db pad for active/high output basses - Transformer balanced XLR jack with Pre & Post EQ send - Ground lift switch - Standby Switch - Fan cooled - EQ sections CLEAN - Volume - Bass - Bass Cut & Boost Switches - Midrange Control - Midrange Shift Switch (Selects various mid frequencies) - Treble - Treble Cut & Boost Switches - Presence & Resonance Controls - DISTORION Channel is the same except for a Gain Control - List was $1600.00 my price is $800.00 firm. Like everything Peavey makes this thing is built like a tank! I am the original owner.
    Email me for pictures. Owners manual included.$800.00 firm

2. Boafamily

Boafamily

Jun 6, 2002
    I second all of his comments as I have the same head.... man talk about vintage tones and thunderous roars!

You will not be disappointed in this one if you have the muscle to tote it...96 lbs....but ain't nobody going to bump this baby and not have a bruise to remember her by…LOL!!!!

I love the sound and I have had many offers to sell mine, but you can't replace such a classic sound. She is well built just like Peavey is known for as well; this is a totally awesome head...

And when you have one that is in mint condition you truly have a hidden gem...

If I had the money I would buy this one in a heartbeat!!!!

Don’t let this one pass you by…

Boafamily
    :cool:

3. Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Thought that I would pass along to you that i've lowered my price on this amp. This is as low as I will go. If you're looking for the ultimate tube bass amp, this is it.
    Read Boafamily's comments for a unsolicited second opinion. Like he says "Don't let this one pass you by".

If you're interested I can email you pictures, along with the owners manual (PDF file) which contains all specs and features of the amp. A hard copy of the owners manual goes with the amp.

JC

PS - I'm in no hurry to sell, so please don't ask me for better price. This is a great price. :)

4. Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto