Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Combo 115 - Listen to it!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Feb 12, 2002.

1. I just did a quick recording for you guys of my Combo 115 that I got for xmas. Finally sorted out my mic setup, its a little muffled but you can get a good idea of my tone.

No doubt Oysterman will hate it. :D

The cool part is that my mic was next to my PD7, so when I switch it over you hear the latch in the pedal flick over.

Peavey Combo 115

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    ummm.... broken link. Don't work.

3. :oops: Sorry. Fixed.

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Still get "page can't be displayed" window.

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Same.
    Your page seems to be down as well, I tried loading your page to see if I could find it (if you changed the url) but it still doesn't work.

6. Hmmm...the rest of the mp3's I have stored work fine by direct linking - must be this specific mp3. I downloaded it back from my FTP server and it's fine, so I zipped it on my PC and uploaded it again, and deleted the old mp3. Try this link:

http://www.aliensvspredator.freeserve.co.uk/Combo115.zip

7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    It sounds like you're using a bit of chorus in certain parts. Is that a Zoom 506 you're using?

The tone's fine, in it, though. :)

8. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Great amp. Had one for about five years.

9. Nope, that's home-made chorus. I run the mic into my comp, and my comp into my stereo speakers, which emit sound as I play. There is a miniscule delay between sound coming from my stereo and sound from my amp. I first discovered this as a glitch, when I forgot to turn my stereo off while recording, but it's a great way to try out chorus!

I'm running a double-hump EQ, with low shelving at 6 boost, and the punch button in. No LMB-3 on this recording, maybe I should have used it, but it's too late now.

jcadmus - why'd you get rid of it :D?