Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Combo 115..Low Z???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drpepper99uk, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Drpepper99uk

Drpepper99uk

Dec 31, 2004
    London,U.K
    Hello,

I've not long had this combo amp and I have been reading the manual and seen that I can use this output for putting into a mixer.Is this just Peavey's catchy name for a balanced DI out socket?

I need to get a lead for it but would I be right in thinking it just uses a XLR mic lead and not this "Low Z" thing? It's got 3 little pins inside the socket.

What does it mean by saying it's electronically balanced? Do most mixers have these XLR type connectors on them or can you just use a normal 6.3mm guitar lead from the tuner send output into the mixer?

Thanks.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya, it is there specifically to be plugged into mixers and such.

the only thing i dont like is that it doesnt have an independent volume control, and you cant make it post or pre eq... you are stuck with post-eq...

3. Drpepper99uk

Drpepper99uk

Dec 31, 2004
    London,U.K
    Hello,

On looking in the manual it does have this feature it says...

"POST EQ/PRE EQ, This switch changes the posistion of the Low Z balanced output in the signal chain.As Indicated, placing this switch in the POST EQ posistion allows the equalized signal to be sent out of the Low Z balanced Output.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    oh... well, i have the TNT... and since the combo115 is just the TNT on steroids, i figured since my TNT didnt ahve that feature, neither did the combo.