Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Combo 115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigmoe, Dec 27, 2003.

1. bigmoe

bigmoe

Sep 22, 2003
    Lubbock Tx.
    I am wanting to buy the Peavey Combo 115 amp(200watts in 4 ohms,300watts in 2 ohms) but,the store i shop at does not have it in stock so i can not hear it before i buy.So i was hoping someone could tell me if this amp sounds good for the price.
    I would be using this amp for outdoor parties and indoor parties but for stage i will be running it through the P.A. Stage system.

2. I own one of these, the latest version.
    It's got just about everything you can imagine besides effects built into it, and I use the XLR and crossover outs all the time for larger venues.

It has a nice sound which is pretty easy to change with the EQ and shelving controls.

I personally don't think it's got enough power for 100lbs of wood and metal, but my new cab will sort that out.

Without the cab it just about cuts through a 100watt guitar amp and very loud drummer.

If you can get one for a good price I suggest you buy it. I got mine new for £500, which is about $700. I think in the US you can get them for around $600 new, so look around.

3. bigmoe

bigmoe

Sep 22, 2003
    Lubbock Tx.
    Thanks for the information.