1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Combo 115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigmoe, Dec 27, 2003.

1. bigmoe

bigmoe

Sep 22, 2003
    Lubbock Tx.
    I am wanting to buy the Peavey Combo 115 amp(200watts in 4 ohms,300watts in 2 ohms) but,the store i shop at does not have it in stock so i can not hear it before i buy.So i was hoping someone could tell me if this amp sounds good for the price.
    I would be using this amp for outdoor parties and indoor parties but for stage i will be running it through the P.A. Stage system.

2. I own one of these, the latest version.
    It's got just about everything you can imagine besides effects built into it, and I use the XLR and crossover outs all the time for larger venues.

It has a nice sound which is pretty easy to change with the EQ and shelving controls.

I personally don't think it's got enough power for 100lbs of wood and metal, but my new cab will sort that out.

Without the cab it just about cuts through a 100watt guitar amp and very loud drummer.

If you can get one for a good price I suggest you buy it. I got mine new for £500, which is about $700. I think in the US you can get them for around $600 new, so look around.

3. bigmoe

bigmoe

Sep 22, 2003
    Lubbock Tx.
    Thanks for the information.