Peavey Combo 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by craigc, Jun 16, 2005.

1. craigc

Sep 27, 2004
    I just purchased a Peavey Combo 115. Woulkd like a little feadback on this unit please.
  2. Drpepper99uk

Dec 31, 2004
    Hello Craig,

I recently sold one of these on Ebay.I had owned it for just over a year and found it to be ideal for rehearsal.The thing I liked most about it was that it had the flexability of using an additional extension cab output(4x10" I used) which brought a total output to about 300w.

As far as range and ability go it was fine for most work apart from some heavy rock which I found that it would often get drowned out in loud or demanding songs(foo fighters for one) in where you need clarity not just overall low end drive.Ok so the extension output helps but your still only driving 300w into a 15" and either 2x10" or 4x10"

It's got to be one of the most versatile combo's around only really superseeded by the Bam210 in the Peavey range which is a different combo altogether.

It's built like a tank so it will withstand most knocks,and I often used to sit on mine when playing along during practise sessions.The one thing I did dislike was the rather small wheels.....considering this thing weighs like 8 and a half stone there far to small for the size and weight of it.You could change them to larger one's like I did in the end which made a world or difference when moving it about at various gigs.

Other potential dislikes were that your limited with power and choice.But in saying that, that's what combo's gain in terms of practicality and cost.I eventually moved onto the seperate "head&cab" route which opened up much more variations in the sound I was after and flexability sonically in terms or what I could use.The Black Widow 15" speaker is a hard one to beat-on par with Eminence and Celestion drivers of the same size and power.One thing to keep in check(as with all bass amps) is that you look after your strings otherwise your get nothing but a muddy sound from it which no amount of EQ adjustment will solve.I never ever had any reliability problems as such or bits falling off it.The rectangle port hole did make me question it's build at first as most cabs have round one's, but after a week or so it soon settled in and felt at home. You've got lots of different outputs/inputs for things like crossovers,DI(which is excellent for recording) but in keeping with the theme it's pretty simple to use once you find your chosen sound via the 7 band EQ.

I hope this helps.If you need any more info then just PM me.