Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey combo question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freddylang, Jan 18, 2001.

1. freddylang

freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    I have a Peavey TMAX 210 combo that I could have sworn was expandable to 300 watts with a cab. I just looked on there and it says 500 watts at 2 ohms. I feel dumb but I don't know what I have now! I was so excited when I bought it that I forgot to get the manual and the store is 150 miles away. I had printed off a manual but now I can't find it and it is a discontinued product now. I posted on Peavey's sight but thought someone here might know. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if it says 500W then that's what it is right? Duh.

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The Peavey T-Max (combo or head) is 350 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms.

The Peavey Combo 210TX (there is also a 1x15 version) is 210 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 300 watts RMS @ 2 ohms.

It sounds like you have a T-Max 210TX, which is a T-Max head inserted into a 2x10 enclosure, and would be 350/500 watts. The T-Max also has 2 channels: Tube and Solid State, and has "TWO CHANNEL BASS SYSTEM" printed near the lower left corner of the faceplate.

I hope this helps. (I stole that from A.J.;) )

P.S. You have a great amp!

3. freddylang

freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    Yeah, it is the 500 watt but I don't think it's a tx. I went to the shop to look at a 115 bx bw today and they had the plain tx. My head just says T-MAX. By the way I hardly use the solid state and if I do it's with the tube channel. I guess it depends on your taste. I impulse bought the thing after playing it for ten minutes with a Peavey G-Bass. I love that bass! I bought it too and put my bank account in shock! I really need to by some used stuff. Maybe the BW unless I get the urge. Hell, it still only would cost under $1200 for the whole setup. NEW!! Kick a@#. I still might look at an ampeg or an SWR 15" though.

Thanks for the reply.