Peavey combo question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freddylang, Jan 18, 2001.

1. freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    I have a Peavey TMAX 210 combo that I could have sworn was expandable to 300 watts with a cab. I just looked on there and it says 500 watts at 2 ohms. I feel dumb but I don't know what I have now! I was so excited when I bought it that I forgot to get the manual and the store is 150 miles away. I had printed off a manual but now I can't find it and it is a discontinued product now. I posted on Peavey's sight but thought someone here might know. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if it says 500W then that's what it is right? Duh.
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The Peavey T-Max (combo or head) is 350 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms.

The Peavey Combo 210TX (there is also a 1x15 version) is 210 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 300 watts RMS @ 2 ohms.

It sounds like you have a T-Max 210TX, which is a T-Max head inserted into a 2x10 enclosure, and would be 350/500 watts. The T-Max also has 2 channels: Tube and Solid State, and has "TWO CHANNEL BASS SYSTEM" printed near the lower left corner of the faceplate.

I hope this helps. (I stole that from A.J.;) )

P.S. You have a great amp!
  3. freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    Yeah, it is the 500 watt but I don't think it's a tx. I went to the shop to look at a 115 bx bw today and they had the plain tx. My head just says T-MAX. By the way I hardly use the solid state and if I do it's with the tube channel. I guess it depends on your taste. I impulse bought the thing after playing it for ten minutes with a Peavey G-Bass. I love that bass! I bought it too and put my bank account in shock! I really need to by some used stuff. Maybe the BW unless I get the urge. Hell, it still only would cost under $1200 for the whole setup. NEW!! Kick a@#. I still might look at an ampeg or an SWR 15" though.

Thanks for the reply.