Peavey Cyrus Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Optimus Prime, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Is it any good? Tell me about it!
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Yeah, Cirrus.

I got one two weeks ago (for only 10,000 SEK, which is a steal - perhaps the same offer you're looking at?) and I'm loving it. Mine is a bubinga/walnut satin finish. It's, how should I put it, alive! Very modern tone, tight and bright and... eh, "woody". It's put together nicely too, although I'm having a minor problem with the bridge pickup on occasion... if it doesn't go away on its own soon, I guess I'll have to get it fixed.

It's very classy and definitely a high-end instrument. Don't let the Peavey logo - the kings of mediocre gear - fool you, for this truly is top-notch stuff!
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    OTOH maybe they're the kings of gear mediocre players love to hate;)
  4. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Although there is already a huge Cirrus contingent here and elsewhere on the internet, I want to chime in here to say that I love my Cirrus. I’ve had it (him/her/other?) for nearly three years and would not consider parting with it for any other bass out there. Well, I might consider it, but I would probably decline. The playability and the tone are just killer. As an aside, I’ve had mine professionally de-fretted and the result is a very expressive, flexible, and powerful instrument.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Good one Brad. Couldn't have said it better myself.

OP--Do a search. THese things have been discussed over and over here. You can find out anything and everything you ever wanted/needed to know about em by using the Search button.;)