Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Database

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleetwood, Apr 1, 2002.

1. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    Hi
    Anyone out there with a Peavey Database Combo.
    I have a chance of a well used S/H one. I think it's rated at about 400/450W. It's quite small in size but makes up for it in weight.
    If anyone has one, or used one in the past, please leave your comments. I think they came out about 1990.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my old high school had one.

VERY loud.

not so nice tone.
    ineffective controls.
    heavy.

and broke ALOT. (would just randomly shut off, etc) but it got abused pretty hard.

YMMV

3. Boxy sounding, eq points in the wrong places (what on earth do ya do with a 180hz slider?), hated it.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I had considered getting one of these when we moved into our first flat. Space was a luxury we could no longer afford and I thought my Trace rig was gonna have to go.

I did a lot of looking into this little beauty. It's heavy - real heavy, it's loud real loud. In the end the Trace rig stayed. I'm glad of this.

I remember reading that part way through the manufacturing run, a new cooling fan with 3 times the diameter of blades was fitted - something inside was frying the early ones!!!! I also don't think that it would look cool at a gig standing next to that when the guitarists have got Marshall 4 x 12s:D

Couldn't comment on living with it - the other comments above give you that I guess

5. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    Thanks for your comments guys.
    I was attracted to it as it was small. But as you say..heavy. But then it's a Peavey........
    I shall look at my other options now.