Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Databass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bmc, Nov 20, 2003.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi folks....the Peavey Database is a 450 watt combo with 1-15. Hard to find these days, and prized by owners.

Found one on Bass NorthWest website this morning if anyone is interested.

I am not affiliated with BassNW.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Off to items for sale

3. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    Thanks for the heads up bmc. I just bought this. I gigged with one of these little buggers a few years ago back in England and have been looking for one for a while, I've seen a few on Ebay but the prices have been higher than I could justify, this was more like it.

Jim

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hey JIMC....glad to read someone snagged it. I never paid attention to those amps when they came out. Now that I'm older and less interested in haulinh gear, I read about these great high powered amps.

If you're corresponding with Evan at BassNW, tell him Brian from Geneva Switzerland told you about it.

have fun and post your impressions.

bmc

5. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    It was Evan that I dealt with, I'll call him on Monday to get my tracking number and will mention you. I remember when I bought my Database when they first came out, I compared it head to head with a Trace Elliot AH250 and a Trace 1X15 cab. The Peavey was louder and about a fifth of the size. Two other local players bought one after hearing mine in action. I'm currently running an iAmp 350 into 2 Bagend S15Ds. I bought the Peavey primarily for rehearsal and smaller gigs but it'll be interesting to compare the two rigs again!