peavey ddt speaker proctection

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Larz Gearbox, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Larz Gearbox

Larz Gearbox

Jan 4, 2004
    I have a Peavey Combo 115, now with both the pre gain and post on about half, the DDT speaker protection light pretty much stays on while i’m playing. Which the manual recommends against.
    Now i wanna push my amp a bit further and extract a squeeze more volume out of it, but am concerned about blowing the speaker.
    My bass seems to be a tad louder than most others i’ve plugged in (mine isn’t active). Any ideas how i can get more volume without pushing the speaker to hard???
    I pretty much have the eq flat.
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Q:-How many watts does that combo push out?
    A:- Not enough for your needs.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you need more power, and a speaker that can take the extra watts.
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    You could try adding an extension cab. That would boost the power to 200 from 150. If thats not loud enough, then you might want to look into a new amp. Peaveys, especially combos, are quite loud on their own. Plus, having the pre gain up that match will only help blow the speaker. You'd be safer having it on 9-10 o'clock and just using the post to compensate for lost volume.
  4. Pushing it louder will just compress the signal more. Thats what the DDT is doing.

I;d also recommend an extension cab, Avatar 210 would be good (loud).