Peavey Deltabass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt bass, May 13, 2003.

1. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England

Im planning on buying my first real rig, and as I live in England the only rig a 15 year old kid is going to afford is a Peavey one. I have no problem with this as Peavey is one my favorite brands anyway, and have had great experiences with my TKO115.

As I do not need an amazing amount of wattage i am planning on buying a Deltabass head with a 410 cab.

The Deltabass is rated at 160W at 4 ohms and
    110W at 8 ohms. Now as I plan to add a 115 cab in the future, what combination of cabs do I need to get 4 ohms in total. Both the cabs come in 4 or 8 ohms, I just need to know which ones i need to buy to get the maximum amount of power aout of my amp.

Cheers for any help,

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Each cab needs to be 8ohms. I fear you may find the wattage lacking though. Tough call. :meh:
  3. Buy the 8 ohm version of the 4x10 and the 8 ohm version of the 1x15. When you hook both of them up it will make 4 ohms.....good luck
  4. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    I might be able to concider the Nitrobass which is rated at 450W at 2 ohms, so would that mean buying 2 4 ohm cabs?

The 410 cab is rated at 350 Watts RMS continuous and 700 Watts RMS program, so how do i make the cab run on program so not to blow it?
  5. Yes, 2 x 4 ohm cabs will make 2 ohms which would let a nitro bass produce 450 watts. The only number to look at is 350 Watts RMS continous. The figure of 700 Watts RMS programs doesn't really mean that much so don't pay it much attention. All in all the Nitro will match up nicely with the 4x10 and 1x15. Or just the 4x10 by its self.
  6. I just bought (And I literally mean 30mins ago) a Peavey Combo 115. It's a TKO 115 on wheels working at 200watts with a better speaker.
    I'm going to get the 210 cab to uprate it to 300watt as soon as I can.

I strongly advise against getting the Delta bass. Don't go for a seperate head an cab unless you want something more than 350/400watt IMO. Otherwise it is a waste of money.

If I were you (presuming you have the money) I would buy the Nitrobass, a 4x10 then a 1x15. A 450watt stack will easily be enough to gig up to 500+ capacity halls. Are you sure a 15 year old needs that kind of power (I'm only just 16).

As for the continuous, I doubt you'll ever been running the Nitro at more than 350watt for very long, so don't worry about it.
  7. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    I appreciate that Dan. Even though I may be 15, my band does alot of stuff in and outside of school. Our school hall holds a capacity of about 450/500 in which we have held a concert and had to turn about 100 people away because we couldnt fit them in, and are planning to do two more. Even though my TKO was loud enough (both pre and post on 5/6) i found it to be far too boomy just being the 115 speaker.

Our drummer is also linked to the scouts who have asked us to play an open air scout meet with an expected turn out of 8000 with possibly little or no PA support.

Thanks for the input guy's, i'll let you know how i get on once i have found some cash

8. I'm gigging at school in front of 400 with this monster, and I think it will be more than twice what I need.

For open air gigs you'll not only need a rig, but the ability to spread it out. Bass sounds don't travel in the same way is guitar treble sounds do. I'd speak to an expert if I were you, but 450watt isn't going to perform in front of 8000 people inside, let alone out. You'd need something rack mounted with multiple cabs for that. If I were you I'd rent something, like a kilowatt system. Usually about £80 for 1 night (at least down here in London).
  9. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I would highly advise going with the NitroBass over the DeltaBass if it is within your means. I used to own a DeltaBass, and It was underpowered for gigging, so I sold it. I really liked the tone (that's why I bought it), but it just didn't have the power to get buy on a Rock & Blues gig.

(FWIW, I'm now using a Peavey T-Max, 350w@4ohms, 500w@2ohms, and I think it's great!)
  10. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL

I'd definitely save for the Nitrobass (or even Firebass) over the Deltabass. If you know that you will be gigging, the Deltabass just doesn't have the juice to get the job done. Either the Nitrobass at 450 into 2 ohms or the Firebass at 700 into 2 ohms would be much more flexible and would allow you to easily expand in the future. The three amps share basically the same preamp (very nice by the way), they just have different power ratings.

11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I don't know if this is an option but just so you know - the other way to get a 2 ohm load is to run 4 x 8 ohm cabs.