Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey DPC 1000 Question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Nov 27, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I just received mine from fellow TB'er Jive1. There appears to be a "pinhole" button (similar to how you set some watch and clock times by) on the back that says "bridge."

Do I press something there? Am I not seeing something?

Thanks! :cool:

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Did you get a manual with the amp? If not you could probably download one from Peavey's website. It sounds like that is a recessed button for when you want to bridge the stereo power amps. My Ampeg B4r has the bridge button recessed inside the amp so you don't accidentally push it in. Don't push the button in unless you want to bridge the amps and have it wired correctly to do so.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    What CB said. Basically, to bridge the amp, you have to want to.

4. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    If you can't find the manual on the Peavey site, I have an acrobat copy I can email you. Remember, in bridge mode you can't go lower than an 8 ohm load.

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    That's what I figured... It didn't come with the manual and Peavey's website only has the manual for the 1400x available at least as far as I can see.

I just want to be sure before I do anything... UPS breaks enough of my stuff. I don't want to break any more. :eyebrow:

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Yeah, if you do that, I'd really appreciate it... Thanks, Todd! I'll be bridging into a Mesa PH-115 so the impedance won't be an issue...
    bluesbass145@hotmail.com